Welcome to the industry section of our website! This area of our site is for professionals working inside the restaurant and service industry. If you work in the Utah hospitality sector in any capacity, please be sure:
- Join our free industry newsletter so we can stay in touch. We will drop you a quick email each month to see what’s currently happening with your business – and then share it with our readers. We reach 1000s and 1000s of people on a weekly basis with our newsletter
- Also join our Utah restaurant industry Facebook group. A place for those in the business to connect.
Restaurant industry resources
Looking for a specific Utah restaurant services or products? From fridges and freezers to payroll and POS – this short curated list is here to help. Here are some of the very best restaurant supply and service companies we know of in Utah.
Unless otherwise stated we have no relationship with the businesses listed in this section. The information is presented as reference only. The businesses are not endorsed or specifically recommended by Gastronomic SLC unless stated.
Product suppliers for Utah restaurants
- Wholesale and on demand food suppliers in Utah
- Utah based co-packers
- Specialty – fish suppliers
- Specialty – meat suppliers
- Specialty – produce suppliers
- Specialty – alcohol delivery and supplies
- Specialty – wine brokers
- Specialty – Utah farms and producers for restaurants
- Specialty – Utah ranchers and meat for restaurants
Promotional services for restaurants
- Marketing and PR for Utah restaurants
- Utah photographers that specialize in restaurants
- Menus and digital promotion for restaurants
- Customer management tools for restaurants
- Website building tools for restaurants
- SEO for restaurants
- Social media companies
Free marketing resources for Utah restaurants
- Ideas for promoting your restaurant without spending a penny
- Promote your business on Gastronomic SLC for free
- How to send out a really great press release for a restaurant
- How to hold a media event for your restaurant
- List of food writers and broadcasters in Utah
- List of publications that cover food in Utah
- List of biggest Utah influencer accounts
- Checklist for starting a new restaurant
Commercial kitchen equipment
- Commercial kitchen equipment
- Commercial kitchen equipment maintenance and repair
- Point of sale systems for restaurants
- Second hand restaurant equipment
Facility and service
- Commissary kitchen facilities
- Commercial real estate
- Construction and architecture
- Health & safety
- Packaging and branded restaurant supplies
- Utah restaurant interior design
- Commercial kitchen apparel
- Stemware, glassware, flatware
- Cleaning services
- Technical and IT services
Administration and financial
- Training and educational services for restaurants
- Funding and financing for restaurants
- General business administration services
- Payroll services
- Tax and accounting
- Legal services
- Banking and card processing
- Commercial credit cards
- Staffing and HR
Other services for restaurants
- Utah.gov – business
- Utah Department Of Alcohol
- Salt Lake Area Restaurant Association
- Utah Restaurant Association
Restaurant industry press
If you work in the Utah hospitality sector in any capacity, please be sure to join our free industry newsletter – we will drop you a quick email each month to see what’s currently happening with your business – and then share it with our 1000s of readers.
Hi, I’m Stuart, nice to meet you! I’m the founder, writer and wrangler at Gastronomic SLC. I’m a multiple-award winning journalist and have written in myopic detail about the Salt Lake City dining scene for the better part of seventeen years.
I’ve worked extensively with multiple local publications from Visit Salt Lake to Salt Lake Magazine, not least helped to consult on national TV. Pause those credits, yep, that’s me! I’m also a former restaurant critic of more than five years, working for the Salt Lake Tribune. I’m largely fueled by a critical obsession with rice, alliteration and the use of big words I don’t understand. What they’re saying about me: “Not inaccurate”, “I thought he was older”, “I don’t share his feelings”.
Want to know more? This is why I am the way I am.
Our sponsors and this page
This page may contain information about one of our sponsors. We only work with the very best businesses in the state, and routinely turn down offers to work with businesses we don't enjoy. If we can't hand on heart recommend them - they can't be a sponsor.
At this time we have the following sponosrs: BTG, Caffe Molise, The Dough Miner, Downtown Alliance, Feldman’s Deli, Flanker, Garage On Beck, Hearth And Hill, Hill’s Kitchen, Kao Thai, Kin Sen Asian Noodle Bar, Kyoto, LemonShark Poke, Log Haven, Oasis Cafe, Pirate O's Gourmet Market, SLC Eatery, Squatter’s Downtown Salt Lake City, Stoneground Italian Kitchen, Urban Hill, Wasatch Brew Pub Sugar House, Whiskey Street, White Horse.
I encourage you to Google any of our sponsors and see the stellar reviews on multiple sites that they enjoy. For a list of all our current and past relationships see our partnership history page.