Gastronomic Salt Lake City is Utah’s longest running online magazine covering the food and beverage scene. Always 100% free.
Since 2007 Gastronomic SLC has covered the best and brightest on the Salt Lake food and drink scene. If it’s in Utah, and it’s worth eating or drinking, you’ll read about it here. Items we write about:
- New restaurants
- Business closures
- Menu updates
- Dining events
- DABC / alcohol news
- General food and beverage news
- Restaurant reviews
To ensure you don’t miss a single story you can subscribe to our free newsletter here. We’ll drop you one email at the end of each week with all the news.You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.
Work with us
If you work in the industry be sure to add your email address to our monthly check in reminder newsletter here. We email you once a month to check up on any news you might coming up, to share with our readers. We also offer a paid option if you want to work with us more closely, more details here.
If you want to get in touch drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The scope of the site is constantly evolving and growing. If it relates to Salt Lake City and the food and beverage industry, our readers probably want to hear about it.
If you need to contact us via snail mail our mailing address is PO BOX 522065, Salt Lake City, 84106; if you need to speak to us on the phone you can reach us via (801) 448 3343.
Our head writer Stuart has worked as a freelance restaurant reviewer for the Salt Lake Tribune (2011-2016) and is and a member of the Association Of Food Journalists. Stuart has also written for Visit Salt Lake and Ski City, The Utah Review and Utah Stories.
- Ryan – These days writes the fantastic slceats.com blog here in Utah
- Kelli – Now based in Chicago and writes the WhiskiedWanderlust blog
If you’re passionate about food and drink in Utah and would like to contribute to Gastronomic Salt Lake City, just get in touch. As long as you can string sone cogent thoughts together and remain lucid long enough to tell a great story.
We receive *a lot* of press releases. Oh. So Many. Press. Realeases. If you want yours to stand out from the jetsam and flotsam, here are a few tips to get noticed:
* No PDF files and no image files with text please. Make sure your copy is in an easily accessible format like a txt or doc file, or hey crazy now, just inline in the email. If we have to hand re-type your menu from an image file, chances are we won’t.
* Hi-resolution graphics. The web is media driven and this industry is fabulously photo friendly. If you’re in the food and beverage business and don’t have pretty pictures of what you do, you’re in the wrong industry. Stop what you’re doing now.
* Call us. Drop us a line on (801) 448 3343 and make sure we got your information. Sending frantic emails on the day that your event is happening – guess what – too late.
* Seriously, images! If you don’t provide quality media supporting your story, we can’t share it on social media. We have more than 22,000 followers. It’s going to get next to no traction with no supporting media. Ask us if you need any photographer recommendations, we know several who won’t cost an arm and a leg.
Use of our content
Screenshots of this website, quotes taken from our text content, and any references to our brand, domain, or web pages must include a search-engine-followable HTML link.
A few other websites we run:
Menu And Price – a look at the fast food and chain restaurant world
SLC Menu – a guide to SLC’s dining scene, through the lens of menus
Shop Smart – grocery guide including recipes and news
Air Fry Guide – our favorite kitchen gadget mastered
Utah Now – Whats on in Utah right now
Essential Vegas – – Whats on in Vegas right now
Did you really read this far? If so, your prize is the secret pigs of slc gallery.