One of the most popular questions we’re always answering is: “What’s the best restaurant in Salt Lake City?”. Truth is, we have so many unique restaurants in SLC that it’s impossible to pick just one. To answer this age old question we created this Best SLC restaurants page. The restaurants on this page are all places we’ve eaten at and enjoyed.
The following fourteen are our site sponsors. These are the best of the best and hand selected. All of these restaurants are places Gastronomic SLC happily recommends and would eat at too.
Best downtown SLC restaurant, our pick, White Horse. The third outing from the Bourbon Group’s trio of downtown hotspots (including Whiskey Street and Bourbon House) follows the same winning formula: great food, great drinks, great vibes. White Horse offers an upscale menu of modern American brasserie food in a chic setting.
Best patio dining, our pick, Stoneground Italian Kitchen. Burrata with harissa oil, braised veal bolognese, charcoal toasted trout – just some of the refined dish on this downtown SLC restaurant’s mouthwatering menu. They also have one of the best secluded patios in the city too.
Best chef driven restaurant, our pick, SLC Eatery. Co-chefs Paul Chamberlain and Logen Crew are well known on the SLC dining scene, and this, their first independent restaurant showcases a creative flair that spans the globe. Check out the nightly dim sum cart offerings, a completely unique experience in SLC.
Best lunch spot in Salt Lake City, our pick, Taqueria 27. Or T27 to those in the know! The restaurant offers a creative and modern spin on everyone’s favorite dish – tacos. Ingredients like duck confit and slow roasted short rib sit alongside fresh salads, hearty enchiladas and a full bar.
Best Italian restaurant Salt Lake City, our pick, Caffe Molise. Open for lunch and dinner seven days a week, serving rustic, home cooked Italian cuisine. Stop by the pretty patio in warmer months for a real treat.
Best sandwiches in Salt Lake City, our pick, Feldman’s Deli. A taste of back East, enjoy mammoth half pound sandwiches stacked with legit corned beef, pastrami or both! An authentic NYC-style experience, without the cost of a plane ticket.
Best Burgers in Salt Lake City, our pick, BGR. Aka Burgers Grilled Right. At this boutique mini chain order your burger to any temperature you like, customize with a vast array of toppings too! Bonus points for the craft beer and wine selection as well.
Best Japanese restaurant Salt Lake City, our pick, Kyoto. More than thirty years in business and an SLC institution. Standout picks include tremendous tempura shrimp and classics like katsu, sukiyaki and teriyaki.
Best Date Night Spot, our pick, Stanza. This downtown Italian restaurant offers a contemporary creative spin on Italian dining. Pasta is made in house daily by a dedicated pasta chef and head chef Jonathan LeBlanc’s menu changes seasonally amidst the luxurious space. Worthy of note, a dedicated vegan menu too.
Best of SLC by cuisine
Salt Lake City has a very eclectic dining scene, home to many nationalities of diverse dishes. Check out our complete roundup of all the international flavors you can find around the state here.
- Best Chinese restaurant Salt Lake City
- Best Italian restaurant Salt Lake City
- Best Indian cuisine
- Best Japanese restaurants
- Best Mexican restaurant Salt Lake City
- Best Middle Eastern food Salt Lake City
- Best Korean restaurant Salt Lake City
- Best Thai restaurant Salt Lake City
- Best Vietnamese restaurant Salt Lake City
- Best Vegan spot in Salt Lake City
Best by time of day
Best of by dish
Or maybe you’re after a specific dish, or looking for breakfast, brunch or a must do dinner spot? Here are all our guides to the best of the best when it comes to specific plates:
- Best all you can eat
- Best appetizers
- Best brew pub Salt Lake City
- Best bar in Salt Lake City
- Best desserts
- Best dumplings
- Best fish and chips
- Best fried chicken Salt Lake City
- Best hole in the walls
- Best gyros
- Bet healthy dining options
- Best kebobs and kebabs
- Best mimosas
- Best noodles
- Charcuterie options in Utah
- Cuban sandwiches in Utah
- Pasta places
- Pastrami burgers
- Best Philly cheesesteaks
- Best pizza in SLC
- Best ramen restaurants
- Best sushi Salt Lake City
- Spiciest food in town
- Best steak Salt Lake City
- Best tacos
Best SLC restaurants by location
We’ve also created the following guides to the neighborhoods and areas of SLC:
- 9th and 9th
- Cottonwood Heights
- Millcreek restaurants
- Murray Utah restaurants
- Park City Restaurant
- Sandy Utah restaurants
- South Jordan
- South Salt Lake
- Sugar House
- West Valley City
Utah is well known for its majestic mountains, and amongst them you will find not only spectacular world class views – but awesome dining too. If you’re looking for a special place to dine amidst soaring trees and nature – see our full list here.
Best by specific need
- Best patio dining in Salt Lake | heated patios
- Best of solo dining
- Best take out
- Coffee shops open early
- Dog friendly patio dining in SLC
- Drive-thru restaurants of note
- Fun restaurants in Utah
- Mountain dining with a view in Utah
- Private dining in SLC
- Restaurants open Sunday in Salt Lake
- Restaurants open late
- Romantic dining in SLC
- Unique restaurants in Salt Lake City
Other popular pages on our site you might like
- Foodie gift guide – Our general guide to great gifts for that foodie in your life. All the companies listed here will ship nationally and are amazing choices. Or if you’re looking for something local…
- Utah foodie gift guide – The same as the above, but with a Utah focus. The companies listed here are all located in Utah, and guaranteed to put a smile on your foodie friends face.
- Utah Industry resources – For industry workers and restaurant owners this section of our site features everything from where to find the best wholesale food suppliers through to kitchen equipment maintenance, restaurant marketing and much more. If you need it for your restaurant – you will find it here.
- Things to do in Salt Lake City – Looking for inspiration for a day’s fun in Salt Lake City, check out our guide to what to do in SLC organized by interest. And yes, every one of our curated days out includes appropriately themed breakfast, lunch and dinner spots.
- Best new restaurants – One of the most popular series of posts on our site. We’re always rounding up the very newest spots in town and curating them into detailed unmissable lists. Check out the link and see EVERY new opening in town.
- SLC Food Blogs – Our guide to every food blog in Utah.
- Utah liquor laws – Confused and thirsty. Let us guide you.
- Top 5 places to eat at SLC airport – Looking to make the most of your time at the airport? Check out these five.
Menu And Price | We take a look at the national and fast food scene through this site.
Shop Smart Guide | Shop smarter when you hit the store, with our sister site full of product reviews.
SLC Menu | A repository of hard to find menus for Salt Lake City restaurants.
The Utah Review | Our sister site covering the brightest and best in Utah arts, entertainment and lifestyle.
Gastronomic SLC would like to thank 34SP.com for their sponsored WordPress hosting. Use code GSLC over there for six free months WordPress blog hosting with no strings attached If you want to know more about how this site works, and how you can make your own food blog, see this page.