Food co-packers, also known as contract packers or contract manufacturers, are companies that provide packaging and manufacturing services to other businesses, typically in the food and beverage industry. These companies help food producers, especially startups and small businesses, by handling various aspects of their production process. This allows the client companies to focus on other critical aspects of their business, such as marketing, sales, and product development.
Unless otherwise stated we have no relationship with the businesses listed in this section . The information is presented as reference only. The businesses are not endorsed or specifically recommended by Gastronomic SLC unless stated.
Food manufacturer and co packer led by World Certified Master Chef. We specialize in the development and manufacturing of fully cooked, ready-to-eat, hot-liquid packaged products, specializing in sauces and soups. Some of our private label products for restaurants and retail groups include syrups, salsas, cheese balls, meal kits, and sous vide meatballs. We are an SQF Certified Manufacturer providing FDA, USDA inspected, and USDA Organic certified products and maintain a current Costco Addendum. You can learn more about us at
What services does a co-packer provide?
Some of the services provided by food co-packers include:
- Product formulation: Co-packers may help with creating or refining recipes and formulations to ensure they are suitable for large-scale production and meet industry standards.
- Ingredient sourcing: Co-packers often have established relationships with ingredient suppliers, which can help businesses source high-quality ingredients at competitive prices.
- Manufacturing: Co-packers have the necessary equipment and facilities to produce food products at various scales, ranging from small test batches to large-scale commercial production.
- Packaging: Co-packers offer packaging services, including designing and selecting appropriate materials, to ensure products are well-protected and appealing to consumers.
- Quality assurance and control: Co-packers follow industry standards and regulations, such as Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), and may have their own in-house quality control teams to ensure that products meet required specifications.
- Storage and distribution: Some co-packers offer warehousing and distribution services, helping businesses get their products to market more efficiently.
When selecting a food co-packer, it is essential to consider factors such as their experience in the specific product category, production capacity, quality standards, and location. Additionally, having a clear and detailed contract in place is crucial to ensure a successful partnership.
Utah restaurant suppliers by product type
- Specialty – fish suppliers
- Specialty – meat suppliers
- Specialty – produce suppliers
- Specialty – alcohol delivery and supplies
- Specialty – wine brokers
- Specialty – Utah farms and producers for restaurants
- Specialty – Utah ranchers and meat for restaurants
Add your business to this list?
Simply drop us an email with your information to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can add you to the list. Free listings should be no longer than 100 words long.
Our sponsors and this page
This page may contain information about one of our sponsors. We only work with the very best businesses in the state, and routinely turn down offers to work with businesses we don't enjoy. If we can't hand on heart recommend them - they can't be a sponsor.
At this time we have the following sponosrs: BTG, Caffe Molise, Carson Kitchen, The Dough Miner, Downtown Alliance, Feldman’s Deli, Flanker, Garage On Beck, Hearth And Hill, Hill’s Kitchen, Kin Sen Asian Noodle Bar, Kyoto, LemonShark Poke, Log Haven, Oasis Cafe, Pirate O's Gourmet Market, SLC Eatery, Squatter’s Downtown Salt Lake City, Stoneground Italian Kitchen, Urban Hill, Wasatch Brew Pub Sugar House, Whiskey Street, White Horse.
I encourage you to Google any of our sponsors and see the stellar reviews on multiple sites that they enjoy. For a list of all our current and past relationships see our partnership history page.