Here’s your timely reminder that Valentine’s 2022 is headed your way fast. There’s three weeks to the big dining day as I write, and if you want to impress your special other, it’s time to get that meal planned now. Below is a list of all the 2022 menus and specials we’ve heard about so far. For more inspiration also check out years gone past as well – 2021, 2020, 2019, 2017, 2016. Further down the page, some options for dining at home too.
Be sure to bookmark this page and check back every few days. This won’t be the final tally by a long shot. This list will continue to snowball over the coming days and weeks. We will be updating the page every day as more Valentine’s news comes out. Notes, info and descriptions below provided by restaurants.
Chef Jerry Pacheco has crafted a special prix fixe for the evening priced $155 per person with pairings, $115. without. Menu includes items such as corn and crab bisque, braised lamb shank with sea spring risotto, watercress, au jus and mint, and a filet chateaubriand served with fingerling potatoes, wild mushroom and cipollini. Regular ala carte menu also offered.
202 S Main St, Salt Lake City, UT 84101
A special Valentine’s food and beer pairing dinner will be served on February 14th at 6.30 p.m. The 4 course meal will be served with four 8 oz beers including a release of a new beer. The meal is priced $150.00 per couple or $126.00 per couple for non-drinkers. Vegetarian option available. More info here.
445 400 W, Salt Lake City, UT 84101
Buca di Beppo
Offering a Valentine’s Lasagna Lovefeast available February 13th and 14th. Perfect for two at $59.99 – available for dine-in or to-go. Includes heart-shaped towering layers of meat sauce, ricotta, mozzarella, provolone and parmesan. Comes with small salad, garlic bread and a cannoli
202 W 300 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84101
Brio Italian Grille
Offering two Valentine’s prix fixe specials available February 11th through 14th. Entrée and dessert as follows:
- Romano-crusted Chilean sea bass, slice of marble chocolate chip bulée cheesecake with red heart sprinkles, $34
- Parmesan-crusted beef medallions, slice of marble chocolate chip bulée cheesecake with red heart sprinkles, $36
80 Regent St, Salt Lake City, UT 84111
A three course menu begins with a selection of tapas choices. Priced $75 per person, you can find the menu for the Holladay Spanish restaurant here.
5244 Highland Dr., Holladay, UT 84117
Offering a special Valentine’s Day menu with appropriate cocktails. For those who can’t get a reservation, or would prefer not to dine in, the Italian restaurant are also offering a special Valentine’s Day takeaway meal. It is portioned for 2 people, and will include multiple courses. There will be a vegetarian option too.
404 S W Temple St, Salt Lake City, UT 84101
Three course paired meal priced $60 per person – $45 without wine pairing, 3.00 – 9.00 p.m. Menu can be found here.
707 Fort Union Blvd, Midvale, UT 84047
A Valentine’s Day 3-course prix-fixe menu will be offered Friday, February 11th and Saturday February 12th for $59. Menu as follows
- First course choice of
- House-smoked Chicken Wings
- Spicy Tuna Bites
- Truffled Beef Carpaccio
- Little Gem Caesar
- Main course choice of
- Roasted half chicken
- Center cut broiled salmon
- NY strip
- Dessert choice of
- Cherry pie
6 N Rio Grande St Suite 35, Salt Lake City, UT 84101
The Cottonwood Heights fine dining spot are offering a six course meal on both the 13th and 14th.
Cost is $125 per person or $105 for a vegetarian version. Standard menu as follows:
- Heirloom carrot tartare, aromatics, black garlic, pistachio, micro, pickle, sea salt cracker-bread, coriander
- Miso-honey, maitake mushroom escabeche, masago arare, tart mango
- Cold water lobster and sun flower root, lasagna, crispy sun flower root, preserved lemon and
lobster froth, salt and vinegar local radish, brown butter radish greens, sweet mint
- Confit wagyu short rib and wagyu tenderloin tataki, ember roasted swede, wagyu fat yogurt, sweet, sour, salty and bitter leek mustard sauce, bearnaise, mustard greens
- Passion fruit clafoutis, textures of chocolate, macadamia nut, crystallized flowers
- Mignardis, donut hole, lavender glaze, goats cheese
6263 Holladay Blvd E, Holladay, UT 84121
Dress up to the nines and head to this fancy steak house located in The Gateway. A three course dining Prime Surf & Turf menu serves two and comes a massive (and shareable) 35oz prime tomahawk, priced $230. A three course filet mignon meal is priced $85 per person. Available February 11th through 14th and can be enjoyed dine in or for pickup.
20 400 W, Salt Lake City, UT 84101
The Garden Grille at the Ogden Hilton Garden Inn, is offering a fixed-price menu Friday February 11th, Saturday February 12th, and Monday February 14th, beginning at 5 p.m.
The $75-per-person, four-course dinner includes an appetizer of seared, basil-crusted scallops with kimchi-style cucumber and mango gelee. Second course is lobster bisque with white truffle oil, cognac, and crème fraiche.
The entree is five-spice-dusted kurobuta pork tenderloin, with Florentine potato puree, compressed beets and shaved radish. Dessert is creme brulee with a Biscoff cookie crumble and fresh berries, garnished with raspberry coulis and puffs of meringue.
2271 Washington Blvd, Ogden, UT 84401
Hearth On 25th
12 course tasting menu, $80 per person. Beverage pairing $40 extra. Vegetarian version available upon request. Seating from 4pm to 9pm February 11, 12, 13, & 14. Credit Card information will be taken in order to confirm reservations. $20 per person will be charged for no-shows and same day cancellations. Menu as follows:
- Hords d’oeuvres – charcoal roasted elk heart, squid ink rice cracker, fennel pollen citrus aioli, rabbit bresaola
- Amuse bouche – wood oven roasted oca, mashua mousse, sweet potato crisp, mustard seeds, sweet pickled onion
- Soup – lobster bisque, smetana
- Appetizer – wild caught sturgeon, braised radicchio, toasted hazelnuts, currant berry gastrique
- Salad – kale, pecorino, lemon, garlic, savory breadcrumbs
- Fish – grilled octopus, huitlacoche veloute, seared maitake, fennel and shallot crisps
- First main – quail confit, ricotta miso gnudi, beurre rouge, grated quail egg yolk, chive foam
- Palate cleanser – passionfruit sorbet, chile tuile
- Second main – served with fondant potatoes, stewed vegetables, wild mushrooms, and savory breadcrumbs choice of:
- King salmon with honey balsamic glaze
- Wagyu beef top sirloin, shrimp tail & beurre blanc
- Duck breast with chocolate gastrique
- Cheese – smoked fiddlehead fern cheddar, horseradish havarti, sweet and creamy blue cheese
- Dessert, choice of:
- Chocolate cake – whipped chocolate ganache, chili chocolate powder, black walnut tuiles
- Citrus posset – citrus, cream, dehydrated lingonberry crisp
- Mignardise – assortment of sweet pastries
195 25th St, Ogden, UT 84401
Ivy & Varley
A Valentine’s prix fixe menu will be available for the weekend – February 11th through 14th – with ” specially-curated dishes, featured cocktails, and optional beer or wine pairings.”
55 W 100 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84101
The Sandy based French restaurant are offering a six course menu for $150 per person. Wine pairings are priced $55 per person and kids can join in on the meal for $75 each. Menu includes oysters, scallop ravioli, caviar, choice of entree and more.
9565 Wasatch Blvd, Sandy, UT 84092
The downtown bar is serving a special 4 course pre-set menu for Valentine’s Day priced $70 per person. Ass on ala carte tapas selections will be offered too. Drinks can be ordered separately. More info and reservations on Open Table here.
155 W 200 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84101
Four course menu priced $60 per person or $75 with wine pairing. Menu as follows:
- Chef Blake’s lobster bisque
- Grilled romaine salad, champagne vinaigrette with parmesan, bacon and cherry tomato
- Main course choice of
- Parmesan crusted red snapper over pesto, angel hair topped with smoked relish
- Braised short rib over sautéed squash and garlic mashed potatoes, and blackberry
- House made strawberry cheesecake ice, cream, chocolate port ganache
1850 E 9400 S, Sandy, UT 84093
Mariposa @ Deer Valley Resort
Offering a special six course tasting experience featuring luxury items such as Petrossian caviar, shaved black truffle, hand selected bison filet just to name a few. Pairings provided with each course and priced $300 per person. Info on OpenTable here.
7600 Royal St, Park City, UT 84060
Head downtown for this prix-fixe menu priced $100 per person. Wine pairings available for $50 per person and flowers for $25 or $50. Menu as follows
- Triple cream cheese popover, quince
- Choice of
- Fresh shucked oysters, pear vinegar pearls
- Foie gras pate, fermented ramp, preserved peach compote, sourdough toast
- House sourdough bBread, house cultured butter
- Choice of
- Smoked lamb ribs, watercress, house yogurt, roasted garlic
- Petite lettuce salad, tapioca, honey vinegar
- Choice of
- Pork tenderloin, wrapped in Serrano ham and truffles, sourdough spaetzle
- House made bucatini, king crab, tarragon, preserved lemon
- Palate cleanser, Winter citrus sorbet
- Chocolate kings cake, puff pastry, vanilla ice cream
368 E 100 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84111
Pago on 9th & 9th will offer an intimate elevated option with 5 courses and a traditional way to celebrate your favorite person (menu here). Finca on 15th & 15th is all about classic Spanish tapas and vino – great for sharing with a partner or a small group of friends (menu here).
Pago on Main will deliver a more casual experience than the 9th & 9th location and is perfect before or after a walk around the capital city or as the main attraction for the night (menu here). Casot, the new neighborhood wine bar on 15th & 15th, is featuring a pair of house made desserts paired with dessert wines. All our celebrations are matched with meticulous wine pairings selected by Pago Restaurant Group founder and sommelier, Scott Evans.
Daybreak’s best is offering a three course menu for $50 per person, wine pairings for $30 extra. The menu will be available all weekend in addition to the regular menu. On Monday the 14th, only the 3-course will be available. Menu as follows:
- Arugula, chevre, sweet pickled apples, pecans, maple champagne vinaigrette
- Wild mushroom bisque, truffle oil
- Main, choice of
- Corvina sea bass, French lentils, roasted cauliflower, tomato bacon dashi (available without bacon)
- Pan-seared scallops, roasted fingerling potatoes, Brussels sprouts, bourbon sriracha sauce
- Filet mignon, buttermilk whippped potatoes, port wine demiglace, roasted root vegetables
Ratatouille, roasted vegetables, wilted spinach, ancient grains, tomato nage, fresh basil
- Dessert, choice of
- Famous banana puddin’
- Carrot cake, cream cheese chevre frosting, candied walnuts
- Flourless chocolate decadence, salted caramel sauce
- Vanilla goat’s milk panna cotta, pickled blackberries, toffee tuile
1274 Kestrel Rise Rd, South Jordan, UT 84009
Offering a 4-course meal on the 14th priced $86.76 per person from 5.00 – 11.00 p.m. Regular menu will not be available. More in on Open Table here.
151 E 6100 S, Murray, UT 84107
Rib & Chop House
The SLC location is now closed, but the St George outpost of this steakhouse are still open in Utah and offering a trio of Valentine’s entrees including:
- Salt and pepper crusted prime rib
- Beef filet and lobster tail surf & turf
- Salmon Wellington with spinach and beurre blanc
1676 S Convention Center Dr., St. George, UT 84790
The national chain steak house has a tenderloin for two deal. Couples can enjoy a complete meal for two including starters, an entrée, personal sides & shareable dessert. The shared entree is a roasted chateuabriand – a hand carved 22 ounce tenderloin served with cognac sauce and melted butter. More info here.
275 S W Temple St, Salt Lake City, UT 84101
Seasons Plant Based Bistro
This vegan friendly eatery are hosting couples for $195 with additional beer and wine adds ons for $20 and $30 respectively. Please note reservations are for couples only and limited to two hours. Menu as follows:
- French onion soup, caramelized onions, savory espagnole broth, local sourdough bread
crouton, melted provolone, mozzarella and parmesan
- Cheese board, lmond and herb crusted fromage blanc cheese, smoked provolone
cheese, local sourdough bread, assortment of prepared fruits and vegetables, strawberry rose compote
- Stuffed mushrooms. braised mushroom caps, baked with cultured cashew cream, truffle
oil, herbs, bread crumbs
- Entree, choice of
- Short rib risotto, braised mushroom short rib, creamy risotto, seasonal vegetables, glazed tomatoes crispy onions, mozzarella cheese
- Tofu veracruz, herb breaded tofu filets, whipped garlic mashed potatoes, white wine butter
sauce, onion, garlic, tomatoes, olives, capers.
- Chocolate fondue, dark chocolate creme, white chocolate anglaise, raspberry rose
vincotto, house baked brioche bread, assortment of fresh fruit
1370 S State St, Salt Lake City, UT 84115
This 3-course meal is a “dealer’s choice and you can pick one appetizer, entree, and dessert”. The menu will be offered Saturday, February 12th and Monday, February 14th – 6 p.m. until 10 p.m. Ticket required and includes a live salsa band playing from 9 p.m. $50/couple or pair.
366 State St, Salt Lake City, UT 84111
Chefs Logen Crew and Paul Chamberlain will have a Valentine’s four course prix fix priced $85 per person. Details are not yet finalized at time of press. Check back here soon.
1017 S Main St, Salt Lake City, UT 84111
Providing a three course pros-fixe for three days – the 11th, 12th and 14th. Priced at 180 per couple entree choices include a wagyu short rib with seared scallops. More info here.
255 S W Temple St, Salt Lake City, UT 84101
Toscano in Draper are accepting reservations for Valentine’s Day and offering their regular menu along with some specials for the holiday. The restaurant notes cancellations will only be accepted before 5 p.m. on Feb. 12th.
11450 State St, Draper, UT 84020
Four course menu priced $95 per person. Menu as follows:
- First course, choice of
- Tuna carpaccio, wild arugula, pickled strawberries, wasabi soy aioli
- Tomato tart, puff pastry, whipped blue cheese, roasted tomatoes, scallions, balsamic reduction
- Second course, choice of
- Organic spring mix salad, strawberries, red onion, mandarin oranges, gorgonzola,
- Heirloom tomato basil soup, burrata cheese, balsamic reduction
- Organic spring mix salad, strawberries, red onion, mandarin oranges, gorgonzola,
- Third course, choice of
- Pan seared diver scallops, squid ink risotto, globe carrots, rose water beurre blanc
- Grilled filet mignon, gorgonzola mashed potatoes, roasted baby beets, red wine sauce
- Shrimp & spicy sausage alfredo, red bell pepper, local sausage, house rigatoni pasta
- Dessert, TBA
2832 6200 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84121
For something a little different check out this mix of art, food and drink at the Utah Museum of Fine Art. Grab a plus one and meet in the G. W. Anderson Family Great Hall for an enchanting evening of music, hors d’oeuvres, and a tour led by curator and captivating storyteller Luke Kelly, who will guide you through the triumph, tragedy, and wonder of the human experience through art. Music by Michael Bigelow’s Mountain Boogaloo and catering from Have Party Will Travel.
Tickets are $79 and include general Museum admission, tour, hors d’oeuvres, drinks, and a unique date to remember. Details and tickets at https://umfa.utah.edu/valentines-2022
410 Campus Center Dr, Salt Lake City, UT 84112
Providing two seatings on February the 14th at 5.00 p.m. and 8.00 p.m. Indulge in their four-course Valentine’s Day menu ($125 per person) with optional wine pairings ($75 per person). A la carte and Winter tasting menu is not available for Valentine’s Day. Menu is as follows:
- Starter, choice of
- Antipasto, homemade ricotta salad with radicchio, polenta, honey, walnuts and fried sage
- Eggplant parmesan
- Primo, choice of
- Carbonara, fresh bigoli pasta with egg yolk, guanciale and pecorino cheese
- Amatriciana, fresh bigoli pasta with tomato, guanciale and red pepper
- Secondo, choice of
- Sliced beef sirloin filet served with roasted rosemary potatoes
- Organic baked salmon with green asparagus and fennel celery sauce
- Dolci, choice of
- Nutella crostata with toasted hazelnuts
- strawberry tiramisu
370 E 900 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84111
Four course menu priced $44 per person. Seatings at 1.30 p.m., 3.30 p.m., 5.30 p.m. and 7.30 p.m. Menu as follows:
- Charcuterie board – selection of European air cured meats and artisan cheeses. Served with dried fruits, nuts & fig jam.
- Second course choice of
- Lobster bisque
- Baby greens
- Entree choice of
- Blackened salmon
- Seared airline chicken
- Braised beef shortrib
- Crêpes Suzette
197 N Main St, Layton, UT 84041
Celebrate the day of love with a special 6 course tasting menu in the intimate atmosphere of Yuta restaurant. Chef Galen Zamarra and Yuta team will take you on an extraordinary culinary adventure to celebrate this special night. Priced $195 per person, menu as follows:
- Amuse bouche, chilled kumamoto oyster with blood orange, wasabi granita
- Ahi tuna tataki, pickled beets, marinated cucumber, huckleberry ponzu, paddlefish caviar
- Coq au vin ravioli, game bird consommé, matsutake mushrooms, black kale, root vegetables
- Trout piscator, smoked trout-watercress mousseline, roasted fennel, green apple, horseradish
- Pheasant bundle, black trumpet farce, artichoke heart barigoule, jamon serrano
- A5 wagyu ribeye cap, salt block sear, hasselback potato, spinach puree, bone marrow jus
- Grilled pineapple, white chocolate yuzu snow, chocolate covered gooseberry, candied cilantro, aged rum, mojito sorbet
- Petite fours, truffles & bonbon
27649 Old Lincoln Hwy, Wanship, UT 84017
Stay at home
Lock the door. Close the curtains. Check that locked door once more, and turn the lights down low. Actually skip that last one, sounds like an unseen cat and a fun night at the Instacare to me. Anyway, if you’re looking to romance your beau in private check out the following list; a roundup of local Utah and national companies, all hoping to help you impress. You’ll notice we’re an affiliate for several of these, we get a small referral fee if you make a purchase. We only partner with great companies in this respect.
Alaskan seafood is the best around. Fact. Another fact? Catch Sitka is one of simplest and most convenient ways to get your hands on some. The company deliver nationwide and ship impeccable flash frozen wild and sustainable seafood to you door.
Pictured above is their applewood smoked salmon – savagely rounded out by piles of cream cheese – yes that holiday shortage was due to my house, sorry guys. It’s wonderful stuff and packaged as part of their one time gift boxes that start from $75. Wild halibut, spot prawns, smoked salmon – I can’t think of a better way to set a heart aflutter. Check them out here. We’re an affiliate for these guys and earn a small referral fee. Use code STUART15 and get $15 off orders over $125 for first time customers – we get a referral fee too!
Cheese Lover Shop
The Cheese Lover Shop does exactly what it says on the tin – making the perfect place to shop for the cheese aficionado in your life. The Shop offers monthly cheese club subscriptions, ala carte offerings and cheese boards amongst other drool worthy gifts. The product offered is top quality featuring some of the best international and state side artisanal makers. You can order online here, if you make a purchase we get a referral fee.
The Midvale based bakery have a number of social treats to cap off your meal at home. Special include:
- Heart shaped spiced ganache linzer cookies, $2.50
- Persian love cake, $6.00
- Heart shaped palmier cookies, $7.00
Flourish have an online shop here and also are available on DoorDash.
I won’t list all the local breweries and distilleries you can choose from – you know them already. What I will suggest though, is you grab a few of these beauties. Grid City’s Rose Hard Seltzer would make for the perfect aperitif in my book. It weighs in at a festive eight percent, and makes for a sweetly different alternative to the regular ol’ bubbles. Available from the brewery direct (you can grab and go seven days a week) or at various liquor stores around town now.
You’ve probably come across myriad ‘gourmet gift box’ companies online, but iGourmet are one of the best around. The intelligently bundled collections offer tastes of various international destinations as well as serve handily for simple charcuterie and cheese plates. Quality is top notch and shipping is fast and worry free, taking some of the stress out of crafting the perfect decadent meal. Check them out at iGourmet.com – we earn a referral fee on sales.
Maven Oak Creative
I can’t imagine a better way to knock the socks off your love. Maven Oak Creative make the most sublime charcuterie boards I’ve ever seen, and they’re based here in Salt Lake City. They offer a variety of sizes and configurations and will deliver right to your door.
One of my favorite local chocolate companies, and one whose range of flavors changes with the seasons – and is available in plenty of locations across the valley. Find them with a range of other local goodies at most Harmons stores.
Go ahead and crank out a killer app an entree you Ramsay you – but maybe save yourself some stress and leave dessert to the experts. Twisted Tiramisu deliver a range of fun flavors to your doorstep and make for the perfect end to any meal. Better yet, their tiramisu can be kept in the freezer safely, just remember to take it out the night before. It’s the perfect gourmet indulgence to have ready to go – and they’ll happily let you claim you made it yourself.
Vosges Chocolate (affiliate link) are regarded one of the best chocolatiers in America. Founder Katrina Markoff apprenticed in Spain under the likes of Ferran Adria of El Bulli, and the drop dead gorgeous product line up is like no other. Signature creations like the Uzume range offering dazzling flavor combos such as lychee + orange blossom, Kübler absinthe + star anise and Umeboshi plum + wild banana.
Hi, I’m Stuart, nice to meet you! I’m the founder, writer and wrangler at Gastronomic SLC; I’m also a former restaurant critic of more than five years, working for the Salt Lake Tribune. I’ve worked extensively with multiple local publications from Visit Salt Lake to Salt Lake Magazine, not least helped to consult on national TV shows.
I’m a multiple-award winning journalist and have covered the Utah dining scene for the better part of fifteen years. I’m largely fueled by a critical obsession with rice, alliteration and the use of big words I don’t understand. What they’re saying about me: “Not inaccurate”, “I thought he was older”, “I don’t share his feelings”. Want to know more? This is why I am the way I am.
This article may contain content provided by one of our paid partners. These are some of the best businesses in Utah. For a list of all our current and past relationships see our partnership history page.
4 thoughts on “Valentine’s Day dining in SLC 2022”
You have a ritual chocolate pic posted instead of chocolate conspiracy, fyi.
How embarrassing, thank you for the keen spot! Conspiracy is great too but I did mean to call out Ritual!
😀 Thanks for the work you do – booked at bewilder based on the info you provided!
Oh, fantastic, I love those guys, hope you have a tremendous evening 🙂