Every year my advice is the same: if you really want to treat that special someone in you life, skip the 14th of February. Seriously, go a week before, go a week later, just avoid one of the busiest dining days on the regular calendar. If you have your mind set though, there are plenty of restaurant options to consider. This year is a little different than most. Remember to reserve in advance!
The Heber fine dining restaurant are offering a three course tasting menu on both February 13th and 14th, priced $52 per person. Menu is as follows:
- Potato leek soup, truffle pesto, crème fraîche OR
- Duck confit crepe, miso sorghum reduction, butternut squash purée, celery leaf
- Seared Hawaiian ahi tuna, roasted white yam purée, brown butter brussels, kumquat pickled Chile relish OR
- Desert Mountain Ranch bavette steak, barley risotto, roasted seasonal vegetables, sautéed kale, garlic purée
- Red velvet chocolate chip cupcakes, raspberry cream cheese frosting, cocoa nibs
Food and beer pairing dinner February 14th at 6.30 p.m. Four course meal with four 8 oz beers – including a new release. $125.00 or $105 without beer pairing. Vegetarian option available. 21+. Menu includes:
- Sicilian citrus salad
- Sweet potato & coconut soup
- Duck breast, chicory and potato dauphinoise
- Creme brulee with chocolate dipped strawberries
Valentine’s Day dinner portioned for 2 people. Orders are fully cooked and include simple reheating instructions. Two options available as follows
Valentine’s short rib dinner for 2, $75:
- 2 bread rolls
- Winter caprese salad
- Vegetarian caesar salad
- Braised bone-in short rib with red wine pan sauce
- Polenta cakes with roasted corn and smoked cheese besciamella
- Italian green beans with toasted cashews, fresh thyme and brown butter
- Decadent dark chocolate cake with blood orange syrup
Valentine’s Vegetarian Dinner for 2, $65:
- 2 bread rolls
- Winter caprese salad
- Vegetarian caesar salad
- Grilled cauliflower ‘steaks’ with Italian salsa verdePolenta cakes with roasted corn and smoked cheese besciamella
- Italian green beans with toasted cashews, fresh thyme and brown butter
- Decadent dark chocolate cake with blood orange syrup
The Provo fine dining restaurant is offering a special menu that includes:
- Strawberry beetroot salad
- Pan seared scallop with sunchoke crema, local king trumpet mushroom, herbal lemon emulsion
- Roasted prime tri-tip crusted in peppercorn medley, black garlic chimichurri
Current Fish & Oyster
Offering both a a dine in and to go option. Dine at the restaurant and enjoy a three course menu loaded with seafood and shellfish, everyone from seared scallops to king crab bisque. Price is $70 per person, see the full menu here. Or try their Valentine’s Day take and bake for at home dining. This is priced $50 per person or $100 for 2 and includes:
- Beef bourguignon OR
- Lobster thermidor
- Potato & vegetable gratin
- Strawberry basil salad
- House made challah rolls
- Tartlets, chocolate ganache with strawberries, yuzu with raspberries.
Eight Settlers Distillery
The brand new Cottonwood Heights eatery and distillery have a special three course menu for the evening with optional spirit pairing. Dine in either their Garden or Patio Room. Cost is $85 per person, seatings February 14th 5.00 – 9.00 p.m.
Offered Sunday February 14th, a four course menu. Navigate your way through a variety of Finca favorites and featured dishes starting with our bacon wrapped dates. Menu highlights includes a classic paella calenciana, baked Halibut with chermoula and pan seared duck breast with a goat cheese tortilla española and pomegranate kish mish. DOwner, Scott Evans, hand selected “special order” wine pairings for each course most of which are only available at Finca. Cost is $75 food, $32 wine, see menu here.
$95 per person, note that the regular Franck’s menu is not offered on February 13th or February 14th.
- 12 hour roasted winter tomato, chilled heirloom tomato soup, fromage frais, compressed cucumber, prosciutto-Thai basil relish, lavish, Thai basil confit
- Brown butter Dover sole, passionfruit sauce meunière, ruby grapefruit, many sunchoke textures, olive oil marinated fennel, chervil
- Prime beef basteeya, berbere spice-golden raisin braised chickpea, yogurt cipollini onion, red wine bone marrow jus, za’atar almonds, fermented green grape, harissa yogurt, mint
- Milk chocolate pie, sugar preserved Utah cherries, goat cheese ice cream, rose gel, sorrel, rose cotton candy.
Our headline sponsor The Gateway are getting in on the fun this year. First up visit The Gateway’s website here to enter to win a staycation, featuring more than $700 in prizes. The prize package includes a two-night stay at Hyatt Downtown Gateway, 60 minute couples’ massage at Sanctuary Day Spa valued at $200, $100 Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse gift card, $25 La Barba Coffee gift card, $50 HallPass Food Hall gift card, $25 Megaplex Theatres gift package, $140 Dave & Buster’s power card, $25 The Store Fine Foods Market gift card, $25 Gradient Apothecary gift card, and $8 Sweet Rolled Tacos gift card. Phew.
As well as that great giveaway, a number of dining options are also offering a range of specials, including:
Bout Time Pub & Grub – Buy one meal, get one of equal or lessor value for free on Valentine’s Day.
Dave & Buster’s – Buy $20 and get $20 in gameplay on Valentine’s Day.
Dreamscapes – February 14 Dine and Dream Special. $5 off each Dreamscapes ticket (up to 2 tickets) for every receipt from any Gateway restaurant.
Fleming’s – Valentine’s Day lunch offered February 13-14 as well as Valentine’s Day 3-Course Your Way menu February 12-15
MidiCi – February 12-14, couple’s special, 2 pizzas or 2 calzones, 2 side salads, and 2 soft drinks.
Enjoy a 3-course Valentine’s Day meal beginning with a choice of baby romaine Caesar salad, wild rice and mushroom soup or house salad. Dive into the main course of grilled salmon with crab meat and asparagus topped with hollandaise, paired with a side. Finish with any dessert from Grub Steak’s indulgent dessert tray. $52.75 per person.
Hearth And Hill
The popular Park City spot have a couple of items from exec chef Jordan Harvey and pastry Chef Jessie Nakoneczny; Valentine’s dine-in and takeout specials are available Friday, Feb. 12 – Sunday, Feb. 14, including:
Take-out for 2 $150
- Shrimp cocktail with homemade cocktail sauce
- Smoked trout and beet salad, Silver Queen goat cheese, avocado, pepita, quinoa, kale, maple vinaigrette
- Beef tenderloin for 2, 16 oz with red wine reduction, potato gratin, mushroom ragout
- Chocolate decadence Cake with whipped cream and strawberry
Dine in specials
- Shareable, Bay scallops with brown butter, chestnut mushroom, gremolata, Jimmy Red Grits, $19
- Feastable, 8 oz grilled beef tenderloin with asparagus, chive whipped potato, red wine reduction $40
Kimi’s Chop & Oyster House
Entire menu served Feb 12-14th plus several Valentine’s Day specials. Live music 6-9 p.m. Specials:
- Surf and turf, 6 oz. filet mignon, 3 oz. lobster meat
- Norwegian halibut with 3 jumbo shrimp, tomato caper ragu
- Grill 16 oz. ribeye steak
The Millcreek canyon romance hot spot are offering a “three nights of passion” special menu. Available February 12th through 14th, the menu is as follows:
- Sesame crusted Dungeness crab cakes, mango salsa, ginger aioli
- Cannelini bean soup, sweet Italian sausage, tomato coulis
- Parmigiano-Reggiano risotto, grilled lobster, garlic tomato butter
- Dry aged New York strip, port-shiitake demi, aged gouda mashed potatoes
- lobster tail can be added to any entree
The restaurant is also offering a three course dinner to go, delivered to your door by Chefpanzee. Cost his $100 per person, see more here.
This Central 9th destination Japanese spot is offering a very special 10 course omakase priced $95 per person. An optional sake pairing is $45 extra. More details here.
Valentine’s prix fixe menu priced $99 per person with optional for wine tastings $40 per person. Menu as follows:
- Mussel conserva, fried shallots, bread, lemon
- Oquirrh salad, whole leaf, lettuce, garden sprouts, toasted sunflower seed vinaigrette
- Uni risotto with scallop and tobiko
- Short rib, parsnip puree, pearl onion, mushrooms, carrots, saba with smoked cabbage
- Palate cleanser – quince sorbet
Powder @ Waldorf astoria
Begin a 3-course Valentine’s Day meal with the choice of West coast oysters, wagyu bavette tataki, or creamy roasted cauliflower velouté. Pause with Champagne before heading into the main course of pan seared Atlantic halibut, grilled California quail, herb marinated filet mignon or tagliatelle pasta. Close out the meal with passion fruit mousse. $120 per person. Website.
Rib & Chop House
February 8th through 14. Three course menu includes one cocktail/wine/beer per person with choice of soup or salad per person. Cost is $40, menu as follows:
- Spinach dip OR
- Fried green tomatoes OR
- Crab stuffed mushrooms OR
- Hot and crunch shrimp
- Cote de boeuf for 2 OR
- Hanger steak OR
- Linguine with pesto and chicken OR
- King crab legs OR
- 2 lbs. lobster
- Huckleberry creme brûlée
- Satin pie
Riverhorse On Main
Indulge in a Park City Valentine’s Day prix fixe 5-course dinner with optional wine pairing choices that can be purchased that evening. Guests may book a time of their choosing beginning at 5 p.m. by visiting https://www.riverhorseparkcity.com/reservations or the Resy app, selecting Feb. 14, and purchasing their tickets. $175 per person.
Valentines three course prix fixe, $70 per person available both Saturday 13th and Sunday 14th. Menu as follows:
- Roasted beets and Castelfranco grapefruit, hazelnut, goat milk gouda OR
- Maine lobster fried rice, saffron, chorizo, piquillo pepper, shellfish nage OR
- White asparagus and cardoons black truffle-gruyere fondue, crispy chicken skin-almond crunch
- Intermezzo passionfruit cloud with cucumber and yogurt granita
- Duck confit cannelloni mushroom al grec, smoked onion soubise, parmesan cheese OR
- Wood roasted Wild Isle salmon, red lentil broth, toasted rice, cucumber salad, nigella OR
- Grilled bison striploin, Brussels sprout, aligot potatoes, onion ring, red wine sauce
- Black sugar teriyaki king trumpet mushrooms, hiaga rice risotto, tokyo turnip
- Chocolate almond torte, blood orange sorbet, chocolate feuilletine crunch, mascarpone OR
- Vanilla bean creme brulee, rosemary cookie
- Caramelized banana split for 2, hibiscus, chocolate pizzelle, coconut gelato, coconut-peanut crumble
Cart service available too with:
- Fresh oysters poppyseed ponzu, togarashi cocktail sauce, $3 EA
- Chilled Gulf shrimp, brown butter remoulade, pickles, $9
- Cedar roasted pork belly, chipotle agro dolce, crispy shallot, brussels sprout, $6
- Fava bean falafel chickpea pancake, spicy peanut sauce dill, $5
- Warm Utah cheddar dip, broccoli rabe, butternut pico, tostada, $7
- Pressed romanesco, cauliflower caper date puree, preserved lemon, sesame garlic crunch, $4
Chef Jonathan LeBlanc and sous chef Paul Cafaro will be presenting a six-course, prix-fixe dinner menu Saturday, February 13 and Sunday, February 14 (regular menu will not be available those days). See more here. Cost is $70 per person and menu is as follows:
- Amuse of Bloody Mary oyster
- Duck carpaccio, romanesco, hazelnut oil, fennel, chives OR
- Jumbo lump crab cake, peppered grapefruit, dragon fruit, grilled banana-avocado mousse
- Lobster ravioli, roasted red pepper coconut cream sauce OR
- Baked ricotta gnocchi, fried brocconcini mozzarella, house Italian sausage, arribiatta Sauce
- Rosebud-Mint Sorbet
- Osso bucco, roasted pinenut gremolata, risotto milanese, baby heirloom carrots OR
- Broiled red fish, shrimp & crab thermidor, baby vegetables, Yukon gold-cipollini soubise, oloroso cream sauce
- White chocolate raspberry mousse, almond sable cookie OR
- Lemon ricotta blueberry cake, panna cotta gelato, blueberry sauce, candied lemon
The downtown Italian eatery are offering five course take home kits, plus a number of menu specials for dine in.
Offering a take home kit for pickup on on Saturday the 13th. Dinner feeds two and needs to be heated and assembled (instructions included). Comes with:
- 1 Loaf sourdough bread w/ house cultured butter
- Snuck Farm salad with house burrata, grilled blood orange, & citrus marinated olives
- Braised beef Bourguignon with confit potatoes, heirloom carrots, savoy cabbage, & red wine jus
- Dark chocolate tart with banana caramel sauce & hazelnut cream.
For dine in also offering a 7-course tasting menu priced at $125 per person with an optional 5 wine pairing or 5 non-alcoholic beverage pairing.
Sushi platters to go, serves 2, $80-$300. Special cocktail mixers to go, $20, . More info.
Timbers @ Sheraton Park City
Savor a special prix fixe menu at Sheraton Park City from Thursday, Feb. 11 – Sunday, Feb. 14. Choose from numerous sides and appetizers, soup or salad, hearty entrees like beef short rib wellington, baked salmon, chicken burgundy or truffle gnocchi, and finish with decadent dessert. $75 per person or $125 per couple. Make a night of it with the Valentine’s Day Rooms Package which includes the hotel room, dinner for two and breakfast the next morning with guaranteed late check out, starting at $499. Reservations can be made online.
Offered on both 13th and 14th of February, $80 per person. Details here, menu as follows:
- Amuse of Cheese tart mini, puffy pastry coin with top & bottoms. Whipped cheese & balsamic honey
- Heirloom tomato basil, heart shaped crouton & cupid créme fraiche OR
- Apple & strawberry salad, gorgonzola, arugula, pine nuts, champaign vinaigrette
- Pork loin confit, stuffed with black garlic & figs, cooked in wagyu fat, garlic potatoes, asparagus, apple compote OR
- Pistachio crusted king salmon, spiced avocado risotto, saffron vanilla bean sauce OR
- Four cheese ravioli, brown butter herb sauce, pine nuts, truffle shavings
- Raspberry mousse cake, white kirsch & amaretto cremeux, lemon curd, passion fruit orange curd, vanilla sponge OR
- White chocolate fourplay, mini truffle layer cake, chocolate tartlet, chocolate macaroon, chocolate cheesecake
The chic Italian restaurant have several options including:
- Veneto-to-go – pre-order a special three course Valentine’s dinner for two for $75, includes: assorted meats and cheeses, pumpkin & sausage or béchamel & meat lasagna, strawberry or traditional tiramisu.
- For the aspiring chef in your life Veneto consider gifting a series of six virtual cooking classes or individual classes that can be taken online with chef Marco
- Freshly baked desserts to go; apple strudel (5-6 servings, $24), Nutella or apricot crostata, strawberry or traditional tiramisu (6-8 servings $50 each)
At home / gifts
For the holiday, Harmons are offering these decadent hot cocoa bombs at all 19 Harmons locations. You can find them in the bakery/deli area of the store. The cocoa bomb chocolate shell is made with Puratos Belgium chocolate -with hot cocoa Valrhona hot chocolate inside.
Buy them ala carte for $5 each or by the six pack, all wrapped up with a ribbon. Then curl up in front of the fire with your special someone. Available until march 1st.
Chop Shop Park City
The “Be Mine” Valentine’s Special includes Chop Shop’s specially curated date night charcuterie board and your choice of mason jar cocktail kit ($65).
Deer Valley Bakery
Enjoy house made sweet treats to-go including chocolate peanut butter cake, red velvet cake, chocolate or vanilla cupcakes, heart-shaped sugar cookies, and chocolate covered strawberries and macarons. Place orders on diningtogo.deervalley.com before 5 p.m. on Thursday, Feb. 11. Orders can be picked up at the Deer Valley Grocery~Café on Sunday, Feb. 14, before 3:30 p.m.
Sitka Salmon Shares
The season is starting up soon at Sitka, our preferred source for 100% sustainable Alaskan seafood. Give the gift of some of the most pristine and impeccable seafood you can find in the whole of the United States. I guarantee it. Use code GSLC on their site here and you get $25 off a share, we get a referral fee too. Seriously, I only recommend product that is absolutely top quality, I’ve had nothing but thanks and praise for those that have signed up in the past.
Top Shelf Park City
Via press release:
Top Shelf, Park City’s top bar service and creator of “The Bartenders Box,” has collaborated with local small business partners, Ritual Chocolate and Harvest Moon Events, to create a complete Valentine’s Day experience for the upcoming holiday celebration of love. The Bartenders Valentine’s Day Box includes everything for the perfect night in – drinks, chocolate and ambience – delivered right to your door.
“Instead of chasing down ingredients for the perfect cocktail, shopping for just the right amount of sweet indulgence, and all those thoughtful little touches to create an intimate evening with the one you love, leave it to the Valentine’s Day Box,” Top Shelf Founder Casey Metzger said. “Thanks to our Harvest Moon Events and Ritual Chocolate partners, we were able to curate the box that’s already thought of everything, leaving you more time to focus on who you’re sharing it with.”
This special edition box features a sampling of three cocktails from Top Shelf’s recently launched Winter Bartenders Box menu, including fresh, premium ingredients for four servings each of the Citrus Cranberry Mimosa, Raspenglow and Spiced Old Fashioned, alcohol not included. Each cocktail is uniquely paired with a special selection of Ritual Chocolate Bars including their newest creation, the Après bar, aged in sparkling wine. Harvest Moon Events complements this perfect pairing by adding a set of fallen aspen log candle holders, candles, a single stem fresh rose and a bag of rose petals to set the tone for the evening.
The Bartenders Valentine’s Day Box is $120 and orders must be placed 24 hours in advance. The boxes will be available for pick-up at their office location (6436 N. Business Park Loop Rd. Park City, UT 84098) or delivery (serving the Wasatch Back and Greater Salt Lake area) Thursday, February 11th – Saturday February 13th from 12:00pm – 5:00pm. Orders placed before Feb. 1 will receive a Shop in Utah 15% discount. To view the full Valentine’s Day Box and to place an order, visit thebartendersbox.com.
Hi, I’m Stuart, nice to meet you! I’m the founder, writer and wrangler at Gastronomic SLC; I’m also a former restaurant critic of more than five years, working for the Salt Lake Tribune. I’ve worked extensively with other local publications from Utah Stories through to Salt Lake Magazine and Visit Salt Lake. I’m a multiple-award winning journalist and have covered the Utah dining scene for more than a decade. I’m largely fueled by a critical obsession with rice, alliteration and the use of too many big words I don’t understand. What they’re saying about me: “Not inaccurate”, “I thought he was older”, “I don’t share his feelings”.
This article may contain content provided by one of our paid partners. These are some of the best businesses in Utah. The current businesses we work with include:
- Bourbon House
- BTG Wine Bar
- Caffe Molise
- Cafe Niche
- Current Fish & Oyster
- Feldman's Deli
- Kao Thai
- Log Haven
- Oasis Cafe
- SLC Eatery
- Stanza Italian Bistro
- Stoneground Italian Kitchen
- Taqueria 27
- Whiskey Street
- White Horse