Summer Solstice Wine and Beer Dinner
Oasis Cafe will play host to a summer solstice wine and beer tasting dinner on Thursday, June 21, starting at 6:30 p.m. Chef Billy Sotelo has carefully tasted each wine and beer offering and prepared some unique flavor combinations to best complement each course. The four-course dinner will take place on Oasis Cafe’s refreshing courtyard patio and seating is limited.
“We’re excited to be offering seasonal pairing educational dinners,” said Will Keesen, general manager, “our beautiful courtyard patio is absolutely popping in a profusion of color and once the stars come out, there is a magical feel.” The cost for dinner is $45 and an additional $20 for optional wine pairings.
Menu Options Include:
– Cedar Plank Salmon with House Pickled Red Onions
– Dry Rub Crusted Flank Steak with Baked Calypso Beans
– Prazo de Roriz Red Blend (wine) or Epic Mid-Mountain Mild (beer)
– Watermelon Salad
– Roasted Tomatillo and Cilantro Gazpacho
– Crios Rose of Malbec (wine) or Wasatch White Label Belgian (beer)
– Citrus Chili Glazed Jumbo Prawn
– Molasses Smoked Short Rib over Tangy Slaw
– Dr Loosen Reisling (wine) or Uinta Tilted Smile Pilsner (beer)
– Apple Tart Tan with Vanilla Cinnamon Gelato
– Dows Tawny Port (wine) or Uinta Anniversary Barley Wine (beer)
BBQ at Oasis
If you can’t make the dinner, don’t worry. Two seasonal barbecue specials will run all through June, each for just $25; these will help guests to herald the beginning of the grilling season and the re-opening of Oasis’ refreshing courtyard patio.
The specials will run all month and include a starter course of watermelon salad or gazpacho soup and a “chef’s selection” of dessert. During the week of June 11-16, the entree will be cedar plank salmon with house pickled red onion and during the week of June 17-23 he will feature a dry rub crusted flank steak with baked calypso beans.
151 South 500 East Salt Lake City, UT 84102