Windy Ridge Cafe / Bill White Farms
Breakfast is coming to the menu this weekend at Park City’s Windy Ridge Cafe. Starting at 8 a.m. each Saturday and Sunday, dishes include items such as:
* Country breakfast – two Bill White Farm eggs, crispy yukon home fries + sourdough toast, choice of bacon or sausage
* Vegetable quiche – Fresh spinach, oven roasted tomatoes, chive, goat cheese + fresh Bill White Farm eggs in a flaky pastry crust, served with a side house salad
* Breakfast sandwich – two Bill White Farm eggs pan scrambled, american cheese + spicy mayo on a windy ridge bakery roll served with crisp yukon home fries, choose bacon or sausage
* Biscuits + gravy – Windy ridge bakery biscuit, tabasco sausage gravy, 2 Bill White farm eggs
* Breakfast burrito – scrambled Bill White Farm eggs, sausage, bacon, cheddar + crispy yukon home fries in a flour tortilla. Covered in salsa verde + pepper jack cheese served with sour cream + pico de gallo
* Avocado toast – Windy ridge bakery grain bread, fresh avocado, queso fresco, farm radish, spicy sprouts, chile-garlic oil
If you like what you find, also noteworthy is the new Bill White Farms stand (5273 highway 224). Open Friday 4 p.m. through 6 p.m. and Saturday 10 a.m. through 2 p.m. enjoy those farm fresh eggs directly from the source, plus other items too.
1250 Iron Horse Dr, Park City, UT 84060
Eat Drink SLC
Check out our preview of Eat Drink SLC if you’re not upto speed on this Summer foodie garden party. Still on the fence about the event on July 12th? Details about the 2018 menu are now coming in. At time of press you should find the following dishes at this years event, with more to be confirmed as we get closer:
* 3 Cups – vegan mini fruit tarts, sorbetto
* Amour Cafe & Beehive Cheese – assorted cheeses
* Bambara – chilled duck salad served in a bird sanctuary
* Blended Table – Utah corn and heirloom tomato salad with smokey Mary’s chicken served on bruschetta
* Cafe Niche – grilled shrimp, creamy jalapeno polenta, seared shrimp & candied bacon
* Copper Onion/Common/Kitchen – marinated persian cucumbers with sesame lavash, house labneh, aleppo, mandarin and herbs
* Cucina Deli – tuna poke, guajillo chile, mango, avocado, sesame and wonton
* Fire And Slice Wood Fired Pizza – oven baked herbed goat cheese with rosemary parmesan flat bread
* Lake Effect – smoked pork tostadas, corn salad, radish, cotija, cilantro
* Manoli’s – whipped red chile feta spread, crostini, seasonal pickles
* Normal ice cream – strawberry ice cream, rhubarb, cilantro
* Pallet – smoked bison, seeded cracker, spiced stone fruit jam
* Park City Culinary Institute – ajo blanco, a cold spanish soup made of bread, crushed almonds, garlic, water, olive oil, salt and vinegar
* The Dispensary – taro nachos, jackfruit, pickled carrot, green onion, Szechuan queso
* Pago – buratta, compressed melon, basil
* White Horse/Whiskey Street – scallop ceviche, pickled shallots, mango, pink peppercorn, arugala
* Zest – local melon gazpacho & house made nut & seed cheeses
Also of note for 2018, Tracey Thompson of Vine Lore tells me, “new this year – with a nod to the worldwide rosé craze – we will have a rosé designated tent this year with a dozen rosé’s from around the world. We will also have a range of new libations to sample: French Libations, RAEN, Laurent Perrier, Terrestoria, Think Global, Piattelli Ogden’s Own, Waterpocket”.
Tickets are currently on sale at eatdrinkslc.com – be sure to book yours sooner than later – they sell out earlier and earlier each year.
Free bruschetta is on the menu all month long at the Sugar House iteration of this popular local Italin restaurant chain. Here are the full details received via email:
This is no joke. Come one, come all…Monday through Friday, 4pm to 6pm, FREE Bruschetta. Bruschetta goes with everything and we love to share. We are trying this out for the month of June and if you show us that you like it, we will continue all summer long! We can’t wait to see you soon. Mention this email so that we know you are listening. 🙂
1048 E 2100 S Suite 104, Salt Lake City, UT 84106
Copper Common – Headed to Red Butte for a show? Copper Common is offering picnics to go: 2 dishes for $15, 4 for $30.
Rib & Chop House – Offering a new executive lunch – 6oz. beef filet or 6oz. grilled Chilean Sea Bass filet, asparagus and a house-made wedge salad for $19.95. Available Monday – Friday from 11am – 2:00pm. We’re located next to Vivint Arena.
Sundance – New Summer menus have debuted at the Utah County resort’s various restaurants.
Ruth’s Diner – With Summer here, Ruth’s have fired up the BBQ. Enjoy grilled meats each night on the patio al fresco.
Impossible Burger – Still trying to find this trendy new meat free burger locally? Word has it that Este Deli and Astro Burger (Midvale and Draper) are now stocking this alongside Piper Down.
Fireside On Regent – All signature pizzas are now offered in a lunch sized 7″ format. Several other new items join them on the lunch menu too.
Cannella’s – June 19th is the 40th anniversary for this downtown SLC Italian restaurant – as such they’re featuring spaghetti for just $2.35, the price from when the business first opened. NOTE: the business previously communicated more extensive deals, which are not correct, only spaghetti is priced cheaply.
Want to discuss this post or the SLC food scene in general? Check out our Facebook group and come talk with other likeminded SLC foodies.
Hi, I’m Stuart, nice to meet you! I’m the founder, writer and wrangler at Gastronomic SLC; I’m also a former restaurant critic of more than five years, working for the Salt Lake Tribune. I’ve worked extensively with multiple local publications from Visit Salt Lake to Salt Lake Magazine, not least helped to consult on national TV shows.
I’m a multiple-award winning journalist and have covered the Utah dining scene for the better part of fifteen years. I’m largely fueled by a critical obsession with rice, alliteration and the use of big words I don’t understand. What they’re saying about me: “Not inaccurate”, “I thought he was older”, “I don’t share his feelings”. Want to know more? This is why I am the way I am.
This article may contain content provided by one of our paid partners. These are some of the best businesses in Utah. For a list of all our current and past relationships see our partnership history page.