Savor The Summit is back for 2018, and with it, a spectacular start to the Summer food and wine season proper. For my money, there couldn’t be a better way to welcome in the warmer weather – each year Savor The Summit is a wonderful event to experience. Great food and stellar drinks enjoyed in the open air as the sun sets on Park City’s stunning backdrop. It doesn’t get much better.
For those new to Savor – it’s a treat never to be missed. Two dozen of Park City’s best restaurants come together on historic Main Street to produce a range of set menus for 2,500 attendees. From the top to the bottom of Main Street the Grande Table offers one of the best nights out of the year. Each restaurant offers their own set menu, typically a reflection of the restaurant itself. It goes without saying they pull out all the stops for this huge get together, there’s always the hint of friendly rivalry between the different restaurants and their offerings.
Most restaurants also offer a beer/wine/cocktail component to the meal as well. Some are included as standard, some are an optional extra. Heck, some even have mini on site bars to saunter up to! Be sure to check with the restaurant of your choice for their own offering.
I’ve been lucky enough to visit Savor for the last several years (scroll down the the post to see pictures from 2017). With that comes some savvy tips for enjoying Savor The Summit:
* Get there early. Traffic and parking can get a little crazy on the day itself. You’ll want to be parked up by 5 p.m. to avoid the last minute rush, and also to give yourself to find your table and seat. If you’re driving up from the valley, check road conditions and parking options before you get to Park City itself. Trust me, you’ll thank me later.
* Layer up. It might be glorious blue skies with beaming sun when you arrive but I guarantee that once the sun goes down around 8 p.m. you’ll start to get a shiver. It happens every single year, those mountains are still chilly at night in June. Bring appropriate attire and you’ll be happy long after the sun sets.
* Maybe make a night or two of the occasion. This way you can also skip the parking and traffic. Visit stayparkcity.com/restaurants-and-lodging for special offers exclusive deals.
* Add a little time to your itinerary, both at the start and end. You might want to stay and linger longer once your own restaurant’s table has completed service. There’s often a lot to see and experience up and down Main Street. This year High West Distillery will be welcoming visitors at their High West Spirits Garden located at Heber Avenue and Main Street. The Garden will offer a variety of local spirits and crowd favorites, along with a full line up of live music beginning at 5.00 p.m. It’s also fun to see what each restaurant has put together for the big bash.
This years event will be held on Saturday, June 16th, at 6.00 p.m and a full line up of restaurants are as follows. Please note that tickets sell out quickly for this event every year – you need to act fast if you want to secure your spots:
Bangkok Thai on Main
Bodega on Main – menu
The Bridge Café & Grill
Butcher’s Chop House & Bar – menu
Café Trio Park City
Firewood on Main
Flanagan’s on Main Irish Pub & Restaurant – menu
Fletcher’s Park City
High West Distillery
Riverhorse on Main
tupelo Park City
Wasatch Brew Pub
Here are some snaps from my visit to Savor The Summit in 2017. Cuisine Unlimited graciously invited me to experience their menu and wow, what a menu it was:
The Park City Area Restaurant Association is the umbrella organization for more than 70 restaurants in Park City, Utah. The organization supports and promotes the large variety of award-winning restaurants in the Park City area. Every year, thousands of residents and visitors are exposed to Park City’s eclectic dining options through a variety of events that the Park City Area Restaurant Association hosts. The events include Savor the Summit, Park City Dine About and Online Cocktail Contest. For a list of member restaurants, their locations, cuisines, pricing and features, please visit www.parkcityrestaurants.com. Visit the Park City Area Restaurant Association’s Twitter and Facebook sites for current restaurant information and dining specials.
Hi, I’m Stuart, nice to meet you! I’m the founder, writer and wrangler at Gastronomic SLC; I’m also a former restaurant critic of more than five years, working for the Salt Lake Tribune. I’ve worked extensively with other local publications from Utah Stories through to Salt Lake Magazine and Visit Salt Lake. I’m a multiple-award winning journalist and have covered the Utah dining scene for more than a decade. I’m largely fueled by a critical obsession with rice, alliteration and the use of too many big words I don’t understand. What they’re saying about me: “Not inaccurate”, “I thought he was older”, “I don’t share his feelings”.
This article may contain content provided by one of our paid partners. These are some of the best businesses in Utah. The current businesses we work with include:
- Bourbon House
- BTG Wine Bar
- Caffe Molise
- Cafe Niche
- Current Fish & Oyster
- Feldman's Deli
- Kao Thai
- Log Haven
- Oasis Cafe
- SLC Eatery
- Stanza Italian Bistro
- Stoneground Italian Kitchen
- Taqueria 27
- Whiskey Street
- White Horse