Snowbasin – On November 14th at 6 p.m. head to Snowbasin for a Bulleit Bourbon whiskey dinner featuring hors d’oeuvres and a four-course dinner paired with Bulleit Bourbon whiskeys. Taste an array of Bulleit and listen to Hollis Bulleit describe her family’s distillery process. The Bulleit Bourbon Whiskey Dinner will be held at Earl’s Lodge and is priced at $65 per person, which includes a complimentary whiskey glass and stainless steel flask. Menu for the evening is as follows:
* Cheese tray with local cheeses
* Meatballs with chipotle peach BBQ sauce
* Andouille sausage-stuffed crimini mushrooms
* Cucumber cups filled with blue cheese mousse & candied pecans
* Paired with guided tasting of Bulleit Bourbon, Bulleit Rye and Bulleit Bourbon 10 year
* Seared sea scallop with wasabi honey ailoi
* Smoked duck breast with pickled currants and tarragon
* Paired with a ginger-wasabi rye smash
* Wild mushroom & caramelized onions in a rich red wine demi broth topped with melted smoked gouda
* Paired with a new york sour
* Pork porterhouse with caramelized jalapeno hazelnut corn relish & goat cheese, served with bourbon whipped yams & crispy pancetta seared Brussel sprouts
* Paired with a spicy Kentucky Mule
* Espresso & dark chocolate decadence with salted caramel ice cream
* Paired with a cocoa rye Russian
3925 Snow Basin Rd, Huntsville, UT 84317
“We usually plan the menu around per-selected wines. This time Chefs Adam Vickers and Rob Perkins created the menu, and then wine director Daniel Cuthbertson paired it with wines from our list. We will be serving a beautiful, seasonal four course menu. The wines come from four of California’s top wineries and have all scored above 90 points in one of the major wine publications. Most of these wines are in short supply so there will be fewer spots
available than usual.”
Dinner begins at 7pm and the cost is $115 (wine $67/ food $48) with a menu as follows:
* Cold smoked Utah trout, fingerling potato salad, whipped cream cheese, everything bagel vinaigrette
* 2010 Schramsberg brut rose, North coast, California
* Baked salt crusted cobia, grilled fennel and endive, cobia broth, aerated grapefruit
* 2013 cade sauvignon blanc, Napa Valley, California
* Seared duck beast, pumpkin-duck confit risotto, pomegranate red wine reduction, duck fat almonds
* 2011 Brewer-Clifton pinot noir, Sta.Rita Hills, California
* Braised Berkshire pork shank, heirloom bean and kale stew, lobster mushroom and chestnut fricassee
* 2010 Alban vineyards syrah, “Patrina”, Central Coast, California
6263 S Holladay Blvd, Holladay, UT 84121
Bambara * – To help raise funds to support the Utah AIDS Foundation mission to empower those living with HIV/AIDS, Kimpton’s Hotel Monaco Salt Lake City, the adjacent Bambara restaurant and the Utah AIDS Foundation will co-host the 10th annual Red Party on Thursday, Nov. 20 from 5:15 until 8 p.m. Guests are invited to celebrate “10 Years of Giving” while they commemorate upcoming World AIDS Day 2014 on Dec. 1. The Hotel Monaco Salt Lake City is located at 15 West 200 South. Open to both hotel guests and the public, packages start at a $40 minimum donation and all proceeds benefit Utah AIDS Foundation. RSVPs can be made by calling Cathryn at Utah AIDS Foundation: (801) 487-2323 or emailing Catherine.Sant@UtahAIDS.org.
“We are so excited that we have been raising funds for Utah AIDS Foundation now for 10 years. Between the Red Party and the spring Pink Party, we have collectively raised more than $222,000,” said Daryn White, Hotel Monaco’s general manager “We want to really go for it this year for a 10-year goal of a quarter of a million dollars to empower those living with HIV/AIDS.”
The elegant Paris Ballroom will be draped in red, and the cuisine will be presented by Bambara’s award winning executive chef Nathan Powers. This year’s gala will feature music spun by the well-known DJ Lishus. Lady luck will greet everyone at the door in her champagne dress offering cheers to celebrate 10 years of giving. Party attendees can get lucky with Vegas-style tables including black jack and craps, take fun photos with Shutter Booth, roll the giant dice and spin the wheel for prizes.
“Today’s generation of 18-25 year olds came of age after the AIDS epidemic was at its most devastating and improvements in medicine have increased the life expectancy of those with HIV. This leads to a sense of complacency by many and to new infections continuing in Utah,” said Stan Penfold, Executive Director of Utah AIDS Foundation. “The fact remains that HIV is incurable and has dramatic effects on one’s life, financially, socially and physically.
“The HIV epidemic has been with us for more than 30 years now, and still the stigma associated with HIV disease continues, and even expands. Today more than 56,000 people are infected in the United States each year and HIV infection is on the rise,” Penfold continued. “Each generation faces new challenges associated with HIV education and prevention. It is our responsibility to teach all youth about the risks of HIV, and how to protect themselves and their loved ones from infection.”
During the entire month of November local artist Alec Anderson will also be showcasing his 4′ x 5′ “Red Ribbon” painting (pictured above) in the lobby of the Hotel Monaco as a silent auction item for the party, 100 percent of which will benefit the Utah AIDS Foundation. He will have several other paintings displayed in the lobby during November and plans to donate 50 percent from the sales of those. He will also be painting his newest masterpiece in the lobby during the manager’s evening reception on select dates to be announced.
In conjunction with the 10th Annual Red Party, Bambara will feature a “Red Ribbon Special” menu available at lunch Nov. 17 – 20. Bambara will donate one dollar to the center for each three-course lunch special purchased to the Utah AIDS Foundation. Powers’ daily three-course lunch special, priced at $16, changes daily and includes a choice of organic greens or cup of the daily soup selection, and one of chef Powers’ special house-made warm, gooey chocolate chip cookies.
* Gastronomic SLC is a proud local partner of Bambara.