Faustina in downtown Salt Lake is hosting their first beer dinner of 2014 with EPIC Brewing Co. on Thursday, June 26 at 7:30 p.m.. EPIC’s Brewmaster Kevin Crompton will be there to educate diners about EPIC Brewing fundamentals and the distinctions of each selection, along with tasting notes for beers complementing Chef de Cuisine Joe Kemp’s special beer-centric menu creations. The four-course menu is $40 and the beer pairings, $20. Reservations are required for this event.
“Our series of weekend beer brunches with EPIC have been hugely popular and sell out quickly,” said Joe Kemp, chef de cuisine. “We thought we’d give dinner beer pairings a spin around the block There are so many new savory options and we had fun ‘researching’ them all.”. Faustina’s four-course dinner is as follows:
* Straight Up Saison
* Spinach salad with fried goat cheese, apple wood smoked bacon and raspberry balsamic vinaigrette
* Paired with Wit Beer
* Fried green tomatoes topped with lump crab, lemon beurre blanc & green onions.
* Paired with Hop Syndrome Lager
* Braised short rib and butternut squash ravioli topped with wild mushrooms and roasted garlic and sherry cream sauce
* Paired with Santa Cruz Brown Ale
* Kahlua and milk chocolate swirl cheese cake with Oreo crust, cardamom cream anglaise and bourbon caramel sauce
* Paired with Smoked Porter
454 E 300 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84111
The Goldener Hirsch Inn & Restaurant, hosts its first annual “Pork & Cork” Friday, July 11. This special evening will feature award-winning wines, live music and a pig roast. The Goldener Hirsch Inn’s Executive Chef Ryan Burnham and gold medal winning winemaker Douglas McCombs, of Utah’s own Iron Gate Winery, will be on hand pouring wine and cooking on the Inn’s beautiful patio overlooking Silver Lake Village at Deer Valley Resort
“’Pork & Cork’ is going to be a very unique and special event,” Executive Chef Ryan Burnham said. “Barbecue, music, award-winning wines, and our phenomenal location at Deer Valley — what more do you need for a perfect summer night?
Two locally-raised Niman Ranch hogs, brined in local honey and aromatics, will be slow-roasted over a wood fire and served with all the fixins’ as well as famous Goldener Hirsch sides. Dessert will include decadent chocolates, griddled bacon-brown-sugar bread pudding and the Hirsch’s signature chocolate fondue.
All this will be served with four wines from Iron Gates Winery’s collection of International Wine and Grand Harvest Wine award winners: The gold medal winning 2005 Tempranillo and 2009 Roussanne, and silver medalists 2012 Reisling and 2009 late-harvest Zinfandel. “I have hand-crafted each one of these wines to feature my favorite aspect of the varietal,” McCombs said. “Everyone wants to tell a story, so sit down, relax and take time to experience what it has to say.”
Please join friends at the Goldener Hirsch Inn on Friday, July 11. The Alpine Stube lounge will open at 5 pm and dinner will begin at 7 pm. Tickets are $95 per person and includes dinner, Iron Gate wines, tax, and gratuity.
7570 Royal St, Park City, UT 84060
Wasatch Mountain Table
The Pigs ‘n Pinot wine dinner, part of Solitude’s summer Wasatch Mountain Table Series, will be held on Saturday, July 11, 2014 at 6:30 p.m. on The Inn’s lawn. With special guest Bill Blanchard, National Director, this wine dinner will feature the wines of Adelsheim from Oregon.
The six course tasting menu – prepared by chef Greg Neville – is $59 per person and an additional $39 for wine pairings.
* Wild king salmon tartar, bacon fat basted Jerusalem artichoke chip, crème fraiche
* Crostini, chick pea puree, fig / caramelized onion marmalade, pork shoulder confit
* Grilled bacon wrapped nectarine skewers, house molasses, basil
* “Porchetta” sandwiches, mini potato buns, rosemary sea salt
* Pinot Gris, Adelsheim, Willamette Valley, 2012
* Roasted polenta “Timballo”, Manchego / Pinot Blanc fondue, slow roasted pork belly, pancetta / wild summer mushroom sauté, micro greens
* Pinot Blanc, Adelsheim, Willamette Valley, 2012
* House Buratta, Cremenelli prosciutto, arugula, herb / extra virgin olive oil emulsion
* Rosé of Pinot, Adelsheim, Willamette Valley, 2013
* House made ricotta gnocchi, braised pork trotter & Guanciale ragout, Pecorino Toscano
* Pinot Noir, Adelsheim, Willamette Valley, 2011
* Outdoor grilled local pork T-bone, grilled kale & corn relish, Pinot Noir reduction
* Pinot Noir, Adelsheim, “Elizabeth’s Reserve”, Willamette Valley, 2011
* Lavender & Honey Panna Cotta, blueberry compote, “bacon” butter cookie
12000 Big Cottonwood Canyon Rd, Solitude, UT 84121
Hi, I’m Stuart, nice to meet you! I’m the founder, writer and wrangler at Gastronomic SLC and The Utah Review; I’m also a former restaurant critic of more than five years, working for the Salt Lake Tribune. I’ve worked extensively with other local publications from Utah Stories through to Salt Lake Magazine and Visit Salt Lake. I’m a multiple-award winning journalist and have covered the Utah dining scene for more than a decade. I’m largely fueled by a critical obsession with rice, alliteration and the use of too many big words I don’t understand. What they’re saying about me: “Not inaccurate”, “I thought he was older”, “I don’t share his feelings”.
This article may contain content provided by one of our paid partners. These are some of the best businesses in Utah. The current businesses we work with include:
- Bourbon House
- BTG Wine Bar
- Caffe Molise
- Cafe Niche
- Current Fish & Oyster
- Feldman's Deli
- Log Haven
- Oasis Cafe
- SLC Eatery
- Stanza Italian Bistro
- Stoneground Italian Kitchen
- Taqueria 27
- Whiskey Street
- White Horse