Snowbird Annual Brewfest
On June 14th and 15th head up to Snowbird for the 6th Annual Snowbird Brewfest. Held on the Plaza Deck at the Snowbird Center the two day event starts bright and early each day at 11 am and runs through till 7 pm.
Sixteen breweries will share their brews throughout the weekend. Three-ounce samples will be available for $1 each. Participating Brewers include:
* Lagunitas Brewing Co.
* Bohemian Brewery
* Epic Brewing Co.
* Moab Brewery
* Sierra Nevada
* New Belgium Brewery
* Full Sail
* Deschutes Brewery
* Sam Adams Beers
* Angry Orchard Ciders
* Uinta Brewing Co.
* Red Rock Brewery
* Wasatch Beers
* Hoppers Grill & Brewing Co.
A special Father’s Day BBQ will be be offered on the Saturday and live music will run through both days as follows:
Legendary Porch Pounders (Sat: noon-2 p.m.)
Harry Lee & the Back Alley Blues Band (Sat: 2:30-4 p.m.)
Natural Roots (Sat: 5-7 p.m.)
Hectic Hobo (Sun: noon-2 p.m.)
Swagger (Sun: 2:30-4 p.m.)
Marinade (Sun: 5-7 p.m.)
9600 Little Cottonwood Canyon Rd, Snowbird, UT 84092
Craft beer, artisan wine and now small batch spirits. Sure they have all been around long before we knew, but now enough people enjoy these gems that many of the best whiskies are available right here in Utah. Most of the best whiskey’s get scooped up before they officially hit the state store shelves, but Finca are hosting a dinner centered on some rare Bourbon to celebrate Father’s Day, Sunday June 15th.
* Tartare de Carne – Local beef tartare, black garlic aioli, pickled mushrooms, sunchoke chips
* Jim Beam Single Barrel Straight Bourbon
Private stash pairing – William Larue Weller Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey, Barrel Proof ($14)
* Empanada – Smoked pork, creamed corn, piquillo relish
* Henry DuYore’s Straight Bourbon Whiskey
Private stash pairing – Eagle Rare 17yr Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey ($15)
* Carne – Wood grilled tri-trip steak, bravas sauce, papas y aioli
* Four Roses Small Batch Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
Private stash pairing – Pappy Van Winkle 15yr Family Reserve Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey ($18)
* Churros – Whiskey chocolate dipping sauce
The four course meal is $35 for food and $30 for the whiskey pairings. Finca will also be offering their full menu in addition to their special bourbon tasting menu.
1291 S 1100 E, Salt Lake City, UT 84105
On Monday, June 16th, 2014 Franck’s celebrate the beginning of summer with their first patio wine dinner of the year. The evening will feature the wines of the Fatalone Estate from Apulia Italy.
Brad Jensen of Bon Vivant Imports and Pasquale Petrera of Fatalone will be on hand, hosting the dinner and detailing these great wines which are organically farmed and whose production is 100% sustainable. Chefs Robert Perkins and Adam Vickers have created a special four course menu to pair as follows:
* Amberjack Carpaccio, Poppy seeds, Pink Peppercorn, Lemon Vinaigrette
* 2012 Fatalone Bianco Spinomarino Greco I.G.T., Puglia, Italy
* Fruitti di Mare, Seafood with Tomato Fennel Broth & Garlic Herb Crostini
* 2012 Fatalone “Teres” Rose of Primitivo, Puglia, Italy
* House Made Chive Capellini, Spicy Italian Sausage, Heirloom Teardrop Tomatoes, Arugula, Ricotta Salata
* 2009 Fatalone Primitivo, Gioia Del Colle D.O.C., Puglia, Italy
* Charred Lamb Chops, Smoked Cauliflower Puree, Sauteed Fava Beans, Roasted Fig Red Wine Reduction
* 2005 Fatalone Primitivo Riserva, Gioia Del Colle D.O.C., Puglia, Italy
Dinner begins at 7 pm and the price is $75 per person.
6263 S Holladay Blvd, Holladay, UT 84121
Hi, I’m Stuart, nice to meet you! I’m the founder, writer and wrangler at Gastronomic SLC; I’m also a former restaurant critic of more than five years, working for the Salt Lake Tribune. I’ve worked extensively with multiple local publications from Visit Salt Lake to Salt Lake Magazine, not least helped to consult on national TV shows.
I’m a multiple-award winning journalist and have covered the Utah dining scene for the better part of fifteen years. I’m largely fueled by a critical obsession with rice, alliteration and the use of big words I don’t understand. What they’re saying about me: “Not inaccurate”, “I thought he was older”, “I don’t share his feelings”.
This article may contain content provided by one of our paid partners. These are some of the best businesses in Utah. For a list of all our current and past relationships see our partnership history page.