BTG Wine Bar – Up next for SLC’s premier wine bar – a special dinner hosted by Rick Longoria of Longoria Winery. Dinner starts promptly at 7 p.m. on Thursday April 13th, where Longoria will guide guests through five wines and five plates courtesy of chef Fred Moessinger. Save for the dessert course, all wines are hand crafted by Rick himself and include:
* Albariño – rare to California, this white Spanish varietal is inspired by the great wines of Rias Baixas, Spain (70 cases produced)
* Cuvée Diana, Chardonnay – named after Rick’s wife and winery partner. This wine is composed of only the best barrels of wines from four separate sites and special ordered for this event (only 209 cases produced)
* “Lovely Rita” Pinot Noir- mostly sourced from within the Fe Ciega site, this fresh and vibrant wine is crafted for early consumption. (463 cases produced)
* “Blues Cuvée” – a proprietary red wine blend based on Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Syrah. (208 cases made)
Cost for the evening is $31 for wine and $29 for food.
63 W 100 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84101
Lion King – If you’re catching this Broadway show at the Eccles Theater through April 16th – take note of Encore Bistro’s special menu for the entirety of the show’s run. Available two hours prior to every evening performance, the menu priced at $23.75 is as follows:
Choice of soup or salad
* Harira chickpea and lentil soup
* Garden green salad, fennel, pomegranate, pistachio, chives & honey-cumin vinaigrette
Choice of entree
* North African salmon, coriander & cinnamon rub, citrus yogurt sauce
* Berbere spice chicken braised with tomatoes and aromatics, yellow rice & roasted moroccan carrots
* Vegetable curry over yellow rice
* Malva pudding
131 S Main Street, Salt Lake City, 84101
Eat Drink SLC 2017 – Tickets are now on sale for Eat Drink SLC 2017. While no specific details have yet to be confirmed for the event, 2015 and 2016’s events sold out happily before the day itself.
This years event will be held again at Tracy Aviary, this yeah on July 6th. Tickets are $90 per person and are hands down guaranteed to sell out. More details on the menu as restaurants and libations are announced.
Savor The Summit 2017 – Also now on sale, tickets for one of Park City’s funnest summer food events. Returning again on Saturday, June 17th, at 6:00 p.m. the event is the largest outdoor dinner party in town, hosting hundreds of guests at the “Grande Table” down the center of Park City’s historic Main Street. More than 20 prominent Park City restaurants offer a unique menu for the evening.
Menu prices vary with some establishments offering wine and beverage pairings. The following restaurants for this year’s event are now accepting reservations. Continue to visit savorthesummit.com for ongoing updates:
Bandits’ Grill & Bar
Bangkok Thai on Main
Bodega on Main
The Bridge Café & Grill
Butcher’s Chop House & Bar
Firewood on Main
Flanagan’s on Main Irish Pub & Restaurant
Fletcher’s Park City
High West Distillery
Riverhorse on Main
The Bridge Café
The Eating Establishment
tupelo Park City
Wasatch Brew Pub
Hi, I’m Stuart, nice to meet you! I’m the founder, writer and wrangler at Gastronomic SLC; I’m also a former restaurant critic of more than five years, working for the Salt Lake Tribune. I’ve worked extensively with multiple local publications from Visit Salt Lake to Salt Lake Magazine, not least helped to consult on national TV shows.
I’m a multiple-award winning journalist and have covered the Utah dining scene for the better part of fifteen years. I’m largely fueled by a critical obsession with rice, alliteration and the use of big words I don’t understand. What they’re saying about me: “Not inaccurate”, “I thought he was older”, “I don’t share his feelings”.
This article may contain content provided by one of our paid partners. These are some of the best businesses in Utah. For a list of all our current and past relationships see our partnership history page.