Encore Bistro – If you’re headed to the Eccles Theater to enjoy the current run of Kinky Boots, check out Encore Bistro’s special menu for the production. The three course menu is priced at just $23.75 every night of the show’s run (January 17-22), and is as follows:
Choice of soup or salad
* Tomato basil soup
* Arugula salad – green beans, radishes, fennel & parmesan dressing
Choice of entrée (all with herbed mashed potatoes & roasted vegetables)
* Beef bourguignonne
* Hunter style chicken – spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes & natural pan jus
* Wild mushroom bourguignonne
* Red velvet cake
The special menu is offered two hours before every show, starting at 5.30 Monday through Thursday, 6.00 on Friday & Saturday and 4:30 on Sunday.
131 Main St, Salt Lake City, UT 84111
Phone: (801) 509-7871
Spencer’s For Steaks And Chops – To kick off their 2017 series of wine dinners, this much loved SLC steakhouse is partnering with Southern Wine and Spirits for an extra special evening. Chef Mike Cook has created a meat lovers dream menu that matches hand selected wines from all over the world, not least some of manager Jeremy Gow’s favorites in the state.
The intimate dinner will be held in Spencer’s elegant private dining room with seating for just 24 guests on January 28th (6:30 pm – 9:30 pm). Dinner is priced at $80 for food and $45 for the wine pairing, and is as follow:
* Chilled winter salad – root vegetables, farro, arugula, butternut squash, champagne vinaigrette
* Ruinart, Blanc de Blanc
* Roasted chicken – prosciutto wrapped, cherry gastrique, parsnips
* Liger Belair, Moulin a Vent
* Ribeye – American wagyu spinalis roulade, fried shallots, red cabbage, radish, arancini produttori, * Barbaresco
* Lamb – Colorado lamb chop, pistachio & grana padano crusted, cranberry mustard, fig jam, croccoli
* Jean Luc Colombo, Les Ruchets, Cornas
* Sirloin – Australian wagyu, herb roasted potatoes, foraged mushrooms, crème fraiche, wild mushroom demi
* Chateau Lassegue, St. Emilion
Hilton Salt Lake City Center, 255 S W Temple, Salt Lake City, UT 84101
Phone: (801) 238-4748
For The Love Of Beer – Finally, beer lovers rejoice and raise a glass to this February 4th craft beer event. Held at Union Grill in Ogden, Roosters Brewing Co., Talisman Brewing Co. and Proper Brewing Co. will all be pouring their finest brews. Look out for Daily Rise Coffee, Five Wives, New World Distillery and Mountain West too, offering more than just beer.
Tickets ($25) include tastings, a keepsake glass and light appetizers provided by Union Grill and Beehive Cheese. Prost!
315 24th St, Ogden, UT 84401
See our SLC event calendar for even more food and beverage events across town.
Hi, I’m Stuart, nice to meet you! I’m the founder, writer and wrangler at Gastronomic SLC and The Utah Review; I’m also a former restaurant critic of more than five years, working for the Salt Lake Tribune. I’ve worked extensively with other local publications from Utah Stories through to Salt Lake Magazine and Visit Salt Lake. I’m a multiple-award winning journalist and have covered the Utah dining scene for more than a decade. I’m largely fueled by a critical obsession with rice, alliteration and the use of too many big words I don’t understand. What they’re saying about me: “Not inaccurate”, “I thought he was older”, “I don’t share his feelings”.
This article may contain content provided by one of our paid partners. These are some of the best businesses in Utah. The current businesses we work with include:
- Bourbon House
- BTG Wine Bar
- Caffe Molise
- Cafe Niche
- Current Fish & Oyster
- Feldman's Deli
- Log Haven
- Oasis Cafe
- SLC Eatery
- Stanza Italian Bistro
- Stoneground Italian Kitchen
- Taqueria 27
- Whiskey Street
- White Horse