Alamexo – Chef and owner Matt Lake is extremely passionate about chiles and their use in traditional Mexican cuisine. His newly created November chile festival menu will feature specials offered at dinner each evening from Thursday, November 17th through Saturday, November 19th. The Festival will culminate in a “Cooking with the Chiles of Mexico” class and lunch on Saturday, November 19th.
Specials offered a la carte November 17-19 include:
* Sopes de langosta con guajillo y aguacate – fresh corn masa sopes filled with Maine lobster cooked in guajillo chile adobo. Topped with fresh avocado & chile Serrano verde cruda, $14.
chiles featured – guajillo dried, serrano fresh
* Tres chile enchiladas – three enchiladas served Mexican flag style. One chicken verde, one queso Oaxaca with salsa rojo, one carne asada with pasilla, $22
chiles featured – jalapeño fresh, ancho, pasilla, New Mexico red and arbol dried
* Pumpkin flan – fresh whipped cream and chile spiked pumpkin seeds, $7
chile featured – cascabel dried
* Picante Pomelo – Espolòn reposado, roasted chile piquin peppers, Cointreau, fresh grapefruit, Grand Marnier float, $10.
chile featured: piquin
* Amante Habanero – Espolòn Blanco, Cointreau, fresh mango puree, citrus, roasted habanero chile, $10
chile featured: habanero
268 State St #110, Salt Lake City, UT 84111
Cafe Madrid – For a limited time the Cottonwood Spanish restaurant is offering special $7 tapas items. Available Monday through Thursday, 5-7 p.m. reservations are required.
5244 S Highland Dr, Salt Lake City, UT 84117
Cafe Trio Cottonwood – The Monday night pizza special is continuing until the end of November due to popular demand. Every Monday, for every two pizzas you order, you will get your third for free.
6405 3000 E, Salt Lake City, UT 84121
Current Fish And Oyster – Celebrating the opening of the new Eccles Theater, Current is offering three-course pre-theater dining specials for all Broadway show nights.
The three-course meals priced at $35 feature chef’s choice of an appetizer, entrée and dessert – offered from 4 until 7 p.m. on show performance nights. Also, save your show stubs for an extra bonus. Diners just need to show their used Broadway ticket stub to receive a “buy one, get one free” Saturday or Sunday brunch offering. Offer is limited to one per table and reservations are required.
279 E 300 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84111
Log Haven – As Autumnal changes flood Millcreek canyon, so they permeate the new updated menu at Log Haven. Chef Dave Jones’ new menu is packed full of robust and hearty cool weather comfort food, and reads deliciously, as follows:
* Tuna tartare – miso-sesame tuile, crushed avocado, seaweed salad, pickled shiitake, $16
* Korean fried cauliflower – crushed peanuts, scallions, sweet and spicy gochujang glaze, $12
* Alpine nachos – house chips, forest mushrooms, speck, fontina, $14.50
* Charred octopus – grilled artichoke salad, Calabrian chile coulis, garlic chips, lemon aioli, $15
* Juniper-smoked elk carpaccio – petite waldorf salad, $14.50
* Wild game bolognese – garganelli pasta, boar, elk bison, $13.50
* Clams and Spanish chorizo – garlic white wine, tomato, lemon grill bread, $15.50
* Arugula – avocado pine nuts, grana Padano, lemon, evoo, sea salt, $9
* Organic greens – red wine shallot vinaigrette, bacon, blue cheese, carrots, sunflower seeds, beet chips, $9.50
* Classic Caesar salad – aggiano cheese, croutons, white anchovy, $8.50
* Grilled elk striploin – warm spaghetti squash salad, pecans, yam fingerlings, honey wine, huckleberry reduction, $44
* Annatto brined duroc loin chop – roasted poblano chile mac and cheese, jalapeno apple salad, smoked chile broth, $30
* Grilled market fish – charred brussel sprouts, pomme frites, lemon peppercorn aioli, $35
* Seared scallops – truffle risotto, fresh ricotta dulce, grana padano, mushroom broth, $37
* Grilled Tecumseh Farms chicken breast – roasted broccolini, polenta cake, Calabrian sausage sugo, $29
* Forest mushroom bourguignon – egg noodles and parmesan or vegan buttered tofu noodles and nutritional yeast, $27
* Blackened bison teres major steak – braised power greens, Big John’s cheddar grits, crisp carrots, andouille gravy, $35
* 44 Farms’ filet mignon – roasted beets, parsnip, horseradish potatoes, Bordelaise sauce, $45
* Seared king salmon – warm vichyssoise, creme fraiche, dill, crisp shallots, $32
* Smoked goose pappardelle – hazelnuts, dried currants, savoy cabbage, sage brown butter, sour cherry shrub, smoked parmesan, $33
6451 E Millcreek Canyon Rd, Salt Lake City, UT 84109
Porch – Mentioned over on their Facebook page last week a new menu has rolled out at this destination, Daybreak restaurant.
New dishes include items such as the cheddar and pickled pepper beignets with charred scallion aioli; but favorites such as the Porch burger, crawfish mac and cheese and grilled Utah trout remain. Fans should also keep their eyes peeled to Porch’ Facebook page too – 2-for-1 deals are offered from time to time for the keen eyed.
11274 Kestrel Rise Rd g, South Jordan, UT 84009
Proper Burger – Spied just the other week as well on Instagram this handy piece of info.
At Proper Burger you really can have it your way, and order any of the burger styles…as a hot dog! For example, the Sundance Kid pictured left – BBQ, bacon, onion rings, and Frito crumble.
865 Main St, Salt Lake City, UT 84111
Settebello Farmington – The Northern outpost of this much lauded Napoletana style pizzeria is offering a killer deal every Monday. Grab a Margherita pizza for just $5 every Monday, open to close, both dine in and take out.
Station Park, 901 W Clark Ln, Farmington, UT 84025
Veneto – With fall, er, falling, one of SLC’s newest Italian restaurants has refreshed their menu with plenty of seasonally appropriate fare. New menu items are as follows:
Zest – Get ready for inter with this all new cocktail at SLC’s premier vegan restaurant, the ginger spice – pumpkin, spiced apples, bourbon and bitters. Also while you’re there check out appy hour, $2 off all apps, Mon-Sat, 4-6pm.
Finally, the restaurant also announced their fall menu on Facebook today featuring winter worthy plates such as barbacoa tacos and robust, hearty pizzas.
275 200 W, Salt Lake City, UT 84101
Hi, I’m Stuart, nice to meet you! I’m the founder, writer and wrangler at Gastronomic SLC; I’m also a former restaurant critic of more than five years, working for the Salt Lake Tribune. I’ve worked extensively with other local publications from Utah Stories through to Salt Lake Magazine and Visit Salt Lake. I’m a multiple-award winning journalist and have covered the Utah dining scene for more than a decade. I’m largely fueled by a critical obsession with rice, alliteration and the use of too many big words I don’t understand. What they’re saying about me: “Not inaccurate”, “I thought he was older”, “I don’t share his feelings”.
This article may contain content provided by one of our paid partners. These are some of the best businesses in Utah. The current businesses we work with include:
- Bourbon House
- BTG Wine Bar
- Caffe Molise
- Cafe Niche
- Current Fish & Oyster
- Feldman's Deli
- Kao Thai
- Log Haven
- Oasis Cafe
- SLC Eatery
- Stanza Italian Bistro
- Stoneground Italian Kitchen
- Taqueria 27
- Whiskey Street
- White Horse