Kyoto Japanese Restaurant* – With several months of settling in time now under her belt, chef Peggi Ince-Whiting is hosting the first ever Sake Dinner at Kyoto on Thursday, November 12, 2015 at 6:30 p.m. Served at a special communal “chef’s table,” Peggi will feature a range of sake styles with a menu quite unlike anything seen at the traditional restaurant before. The full menu is as follows:
* Seared hamachi with live scallop sashimi – slightly seared yellowtail sashimi drizzled with wasabi oil and soy sauce with thinly sliced scallops flown in direct from the East coast served with lemon and ponzu vinaigrette
* Hakushika Tanuki Junmai Sake
* Chawan mushi – steamed savory custard with shiitake mushrooms and Oregon bay shrimps
* Ozeki Karatamba Honjozo Sake
* Turkey chipotle shumai – fresh ground turkey breast steamed with smoky chipotle peppers in bite sized wonton skins
* Momokawa Pearl Nigori Sake
* Miso marinated top sirloin – thinly sliced top sirloin steak marinated overnight in sweetened miso marinade then grilled
* Hakutsuru Daiginjo Sake
* Shiso mint chicken – chicken breast wrapped in Japanese mint leaves with pickled plum paste and tempura fried to crispy perfection served with tempura vegetables
* Hakutsuru Daiginjo Sake
* Yuzu cake – citrus cake rolled with vanilla cream
The cost for the food is an absurdly low $35 with optional sake pairings priced at $55. Space is very limited so reservations are a must and can be made by calling 801-487-3525.
1080 E 1300 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84105
Silver Fork Lodge – If wine is more your thing, also on the same evening (November 12th), silver Fork Lodge are hosting a fall wine pairing dinner. The five course dinner will be paired with interesting varietals that should give you food for though for your Thanksgiving dinner this year.
Mike Szczesny from Young’s Market will be on hand to discuss the wines poured. Price is $50 inclusive for food and wine.
11332 E Big Cottonwood Canyon Rd, Brighton, UT 84121
Goldener Hirsch Inn * – One of our favorite luxury locations in Deer Valley is opening its doors again to diners come December 5th. Celebrating the holiday season the restaurant is also offering some fabulous specials perfect for holiday groups and events.
Check out the menus below for dinner and lunch respectively. The special group dining options run December 5th through 17th for parties of 10 or more. Fireside fondue on the slopes for the office holiday party anyone?
7570 Royal St, Park City, UT 84060
* Gastronomic SLC is a proud local partner of Kyoto Japanese Restaurant and Goldener Hirsch Inn.
Hi, I’m Stuart, nice to meet you! I’m the founder, writer and wrangler at Gastronomic SLC and The Utah Review; I’m also a former restaurant critic of more than five years, working for the Salt Lake Tribune. I’ve worked extensively with other local publications from Utah Stories through to Salt Lake Magazine and Visit Salt Lake. I’m a multiple-award winning journalist and have covered the Utah dining scene for more than a decade. I’m largely fueled by a critical obsession with rice, alliteration and the use of too many big words I don’t understand. What they’re saying about me: “Not inaccurate”, “I thought he was older”, “I don’t share his feelings”.
This article may contain content provided by one of our paid partners. These are some of the best businesses in Utah. The current businesses we work with include:
- Bourbon House
- BTG Wine Bar
- Caffe Molise
- Cafe Niche
- Current Fish & Oyster
- Feldman's Deli
- Log Haven
- Oasis Cafe
- SLC Eatery
- Stanza Italian Bistro
- Stoneground Italian Kitchen
- Taqueria 27
- Whiskey Street
- White Horse