Donate a toy during the dates below, at one of the following restaurants, and not only will your toy be passed along to Toys For Tots, but the restaurant in question will reward your generosity with a free order of tater tots. Double win.
Grab a plateful of these barrel-shaped potato babies for free at the following restaurants on the following dates:
Thursday, December 4th
Wednesday, December 10th
Tuesday, December 16th
Wasatch Brew Pub Sugar House
Note: please donate only new, unwrapped toys
Silver Star Cafe – Silver Star Cafe is known for their home-style cooking. Featured on Food Networks Diners, Drive-ins and Dives with Guy Fieri in an episode titled Cross Country Comfort Foods, Rand McNally of USA Today noted, “Loved everything about this place…the friendly, savvy owners care about fabulous food…spectacular”.
Road 31 Wine Company is known for making outstanding Pinot Noir. Wine-maker Kent Fortner is one of the nicest guys in the business* and enjoys sharing is experiences making wine in Napa. “I’m a tiny, one-man show, and I like it that way. I deliver in the green truck itself whenever possible.” ~ Kent Fortner.
If that duo sounds good to you, you’re in luck. Silver Star and Road 31 team up on December 2nd at 6:30 PM for a fabulous wine dinner, priced at $75.00. After a welcome social with local cheese and sparkling wine, the menu for the evening is as follows:
* Braised pork belly with braised white beans, caramelized apples, Carolina BBQ sauce
* Poseidon Vineyard chardonnay, Carneros, 2013
* Duck confit carbonara with house-made pasta, eggs, cream and Parmesan
* Road 31 pinot noir, Napa Valley, 2012
* Short rib “bourguignon” with slow braised short rib, whipped potatoes, onions,mushrooms, carrots, cabernet gravy
* Obsidian Ridge cabernet sauvignon, Napa Valley, 2011
* House-made dessert trio
1825 3 Kings Dr, Park City, UT 84060
La Caille – Spend an evening at La Caille with Symington Family Estates* – award winning producers of Port and Portuguese wine since 1652. There is much to learn about port, and host Rui Rubiero is just the man to educate. Rui received his degree from Villa Real University in Douro, Portugal. He fell in love with the Duoro while working in the vineyards and later became a winemaker. The meal runs 6:30-9:00 PM on December 3rd and is priced $60 for food and $35 for wine pairings. Menu is as follows:
* Seared scallop and truffle risotto
* Dow’s white Port
* Venison carpaccio
* Prazo de Roriz 2011
* Roasted Duck Breast
* Dow’s vale do momfim 2011
* Cheese Course
* Dow’s quinta do bomfim vintage Port 1999
* Dow’s colheita tawny 2002
* Bittersweet chocolate cake and frozen pistachio nougat
* Graham’s 20 year old tawny
* Graham’s six grapes old vines special edition
9565 Wasatch Blvd, Sandy, UT 84092
* Gastronomic SLC is a proud local partner of Vine Lore, who are promoting both the La Caille and Silver Star events.
Hi, I’m Stuart, nice to meet you! I’m the founder, writer and wrangler at Gastronomic SLC. I’m a multiple-award winning journalist and have written in myopic detail about the Salt Lake City dining scene for the better part of seventeen years.
I’ve worked extensively with multiple local publications from Visit Salt Lake to Salt Lake Magazine, not least helped to consult on national TV. Pause those credits, yep, that’s me! I’m also a former restaurant critic of more than five years, working for the Salt Lake Tribune. I’m largely fueled by a critical obsession with rice, alliteration and the use of big words I don’t understand. What they’re saying about me: “Not inaccurate”, “I thought he was older”, “I don’t share his feelings”.
Want to know more? This is why I am the way I am.
This article may contain content provided by one of our paid partners. These are some of the best businesses in Utah. For a list of all our current and past relationships see our partnership history page.