Celebrate The Bounty
A final list of food and distillery pairings is now in for this years Celebrate The Bounty, the yearly bash that puts the spotlight on all things local. Head down to Caffe Molise tomorrow night (September 25th) and you’ll find the following partnerships eager to serve you a sip and a sample:
- Thistle & Thyme & Ogden’s Own
- The Rest & Honest John Bitters
- Caffe Molise & Waterpocket Distillery
- Park City Culinary Institute & Vida Tequilla
- SLC Eatery & New World Distillery
- Caputos & Sugar House Distillery
- Laziz Kitchen & Dented Brick Distillery
- Leo’s Italy & Salt Lake City Vodka
- One0Eight & Blackfeather Whiskey
The event is the sinaturre early fundraiser for Local First Utah and runs from from 7 – 10 pm. Tickets are priced $65 for food only, $75 for food and drink or $125 for guaranteed seating (VIP ticket). Celebrate the Bounty is a 21+ only event.
404 S W Temple, Salt Lake City, UT 84101
Fall flavors at Stanza
Also tomorrow night (Sep 26th) join the award winning trio of Jonathan LeBlanc, Amber Billingsley and special guest Francis Fecteau for a sumptuous six course salute to the season. The menu for the event is as follows:
- Ahi tuna & Australian lobster Napoleon avocado, toasted quinoa, Calabrian chile, Yuzu juice
- Masseria ‘Li Veli’ Susumaniello Rose, IGT 2018
- Rabbit confit & sweet potato ravioli crème fraiche, bruleed honey crisp, bourbon apple cider gastrique
- La Valentina ‘Spelt’ Montepulciano 2015
- Heirloom tomato sorbet
- Duroc pork caramelized butternut squash risotto, roasted pears, broccoli rabe, lardons, Brigham peach-pork au jus
- Martinenga Cisa Anisari Dei Marchesi Di Gresy Barbaresco 2015
- Black mission fig, Raspberry & Almond Galette Olive oil gelato, café au lait crème anglaise
- Pine Ridge Grappa
Cost is $85 per person ($50 food / $35 wine), call for reservations.
454 E 300 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84111
Soter Vineyards at SLC Eatery
The last wine dinner at SLC Eatery was a complete sell out, not an empty seat in the house. The next go around looks set to the be the same. Why? Great food and great fine. Simples. This time around it’s the turn of Soter Vineyards to showcase their vino alongside the cuisine of messrs Crew and Chamberlain.
Hallie Whyte of Soter Vineyards will be in attendance to guide guests through the rive course meal with four pours of wine that include:
- Brut Rose
- North Valley Reserve Chardonnay
- North Valley Reserve Pinot Noir
- Mineral Springs
Tickets are priced $50 for food and $50 for the optional wine pairing. The big day is October 1st with proceedings starting at 6.30 p.m. Reservations should be made via firstname.lastname@example.org.
1017 Main St, Salt Lake City, UT 84111
3rd Annual Indigenous Dinner
Join chefs Karlos Baca (Tewa/Diné/Nuche) and Josh Nez (Diné) as they celebrate Utah’s indigenous foods, cultures and people on October 14th, 6-10 p.m.
Held at the Utah Cultural Celebration Center the event will also feature keynote speaker Jonathan Nez (Navajo Nation President) and hoop dancer Patrick Willie (Diné). Tickets are priced $100 per person and can be purchased online.
Utah Cultural Celebration Center
1355 W 3100 S West Valley City, UT 84119
Hi, I’m Stuart, nice to meet you! I’m the founder, writer and wrangler at Gastronomic SLC and The Utah Review; I’m also a former restaurant critic of more than five years, working for the Salt Lake Tribune. I’ve worked extensively with other local publications from Utah Stories through to Salt Lake Magazine and Visit Salt Lake.
I’m a multiple-award winning journalist and have covered the Utah dining scene for more than a decade. I’m largely fueled by Uinta Cutthroat, alliteration and the use of too many big words I don’t understand. I ate all the pies.