Patio dining at Avenues Proper
July’s al fresco experience at this Avenues pub features the unique concoctions of Alpine Distilling out of Park City. Seating is capped at 18 for this fun event on Wednesday evening (July 10th). Proceedings begin at a grown up time of 8 p.m. and cost is $35 for drinks and $45 for dinner. Menu as follows:
- Mountain moonshine margarita
- Compressed melon salad, house goat ricotta salad, pickled beets
- Apple gin and tonic
- Intermountain gourmet mushrooms, crunchy purple potatoes, fried egg, pea gremolata
- Alpine Spur Whiskey
- Slow roasted pork tenderloin, carrot top pesto, roasted local carrots, confit cippolini onions, pepper jam
- Alpine Liqueur
- Local dark chocolate semifreddo, house vanilla wafer crumb, raspberry coulis
376 8th Ave, Salt Lake City, UT 84103
Hearth And Hill
The following evening (Thursday July 11th) take a trip upto Kimball Junction to one of the newest restaurants in the area. Join special guest Stephanie Cuadra of Terrestoria Wine Imports for this four course pairing dinner.
Dinner begins at 6 p.m. prompt and cost is $85 per person ($55 for food and $30 for alcohol). Menu as follows:
- Albert Bichot Crernant de Bourgone Brut Rose
- Cured salmon salade russe, creme fraiche, caviar
- Wagyu beef, cured egg yolk, miso aioli, shallot, crispy rice cake
- Chilled pea soup, buttermilk snow, togarashi crisp, pea tendrils, sorrel
- Noelia Bebelia, Albarino, 2017
- Aori ika, olive tapenade, toasted nori vinaigrette, pickled sea bean
- Elleboro, Podere Conca, Toscana Bianco, 2017
- Ramp and peach salad, pickled peach, coastline lettuce, pickled ramp, pomegranate molasses
- Raspberry sorbet, sea salt, olive oil, pickled berry
- Agapanto, Podere Conca, Bolgheri Rosso, 2016
- New York strip and braised octopus, mushrooms, mustard greens, braised cipollini onion
- Puerte, Aglianico del Vulture DOC, Quarta Generazione, 2015
- Chevre, pistachio butter, candied pistachio, roasted grapes, lovage
1153 Center Dr, Park City, UT 84098
Take a quick breath and the very next evening – even more wine in the mountains! This time over at Grappa on their pretty patio. Their annual Sipping Soirée event comes back for 2019 where guests can enjoy great wines, perfectly paired bites and live music on their historic Main Street patio.
Cost is $95 per person – $45 for food, $50 for drinks. See more here.
151 Main St, Park City, UT 84060
Epic Beer Dinner
For beer lovers, check out this annual pair up of Franck’s and Epic Brewing that comes back yet again for 2019. Hosted by restaurant owner Mark Eaton, July 15th is the date for this years bash.
Epic’s head brewer Jordan Schupbach will be attendance to talk suds too. Things kick off at 6 p.m. and the cost is $75 per person. Menu as follows:
- Crispy duck wing, creamed Utah corn, cherry & habanero salsa, nasturtium
- Epic Los Locos Mexican Style Lager
- Heirloom tomato, watermelon, burratta, watermelon vinegar reduction, olive oil, herbs, olive oil powder
- Epic Chasing Ghost Double Hazy IPA
- Charred lamb ribs, barley risotto, grilled zucchini, blistered lemon, cress
- Epic Cross Fever Amber Ale
- French vanilla cheesecake, hazelnut, stout crème anglaise, aerated iced coffee
- Epic 825 St. Stout
6263 Holladay Blvd, Holladay, UT 84121
SLC Eatery July Wine Dinner
Lastly, but certainly by no means leastly – another chance to sample some of the uniquely exciting cuisine of SLC Eatery‘s Paul Chamberlain and Logen Crew. On July 23rd (from 6 p.m.) the duo will be creating four beautiful courses to compliment a selection of Italian wines – the focus of the evenings Terrestoria Wine Imports dinner.
The dinner is part of Terrestoria’s Masterclass Series, with this dinner featuring the following pours:
• Lenuzza Sauvignon, 2016 (100% Sauvignon Blanc), Vigna Lenuzza, Friuli Colli Orientali DOC, Friuli Venezia Giulia
• Morasso, 2013 (100% Timorasso), Cascina Montagnola, Colli Tortonesi DOC (Derthona), Piedmont
• Riccio Bianco 2013 (100% Pallagrello Bianco), Alepa, Terre del Volturno IGT, Campania
• Agapanto 2016 (Cabernet Sauvignon; Cabernet Franc; Ciliegiolo.), Podere Conca, Bolgheri DOC, uscany
Cost is $40 for food and $60 for wine.
1017 Main St, Salt Lake City, UT 84111
Hi, I’m Stuart, nice to meet you! I’m the founder, writer and wrangler at Gastronomic SLC; I’m also a former restaurant critic of more than five years, working for the Salt Lake Tribune. I’ve worked extensively with multiple local publications from Visit Salt Lake to Salt Lake Magazine, not least helped to consult on national TV shows.
I’m a multiple-award winning journalist and have covered the Utah dining scene for the better part of fifteen years. I’m largely fueled by a critical obsession with rice, alliteration and the use of big words I don’t understand. What they’re saying about me: “Not inaccurate”, “I thought he was older”, “I don’t share his feelings”.
This article may contain content provided by one of our paid partners. These are some of the best businesses in Utah. For a list of all our current and past relationships see our partnership history page.