Tomorrow night (6.30-8.30 p.m.) head to Trolley Square’s We Olive as they welcome Talisman Brewery. Get a chance to meet the owners and brewers of this Ogden brewery. There’ll be a sampling of 4 of Talisman’s tasty craft beers, each paired with small bite by We Olive. For home brewers through to beer lovers – this is your chance to pitch those brew related queries that’ve been bugging your brain. Cost is a mere $35. Tickets can be purchased online here.
In a similar vein, Mountain West Cider will also be headed to We Olive on Tuesday, April 24th (6.30-8.30 p.m.). Following the same format, cider maker Joel Goodwillie will be hosting a sampling of Mountain West’s top four ciders: Ruby, Cottonwood, Desolation and 7-Mile. We Olive will be pairing a special small bite with each cider as well. With a former life as a wine maker, Joel brings years of experience to the table, and a wealth of knowledge when it comes to producing a crisp and refreshing cider. Price is again an unreadably affordable $35, tickets available online.
602 East 500 South, Salt Lake City, UT 84102
Red Rock Junction
Red Rock Junction are toasting the Spring season in, with a pairing dinner this Friday evening (April 13th, 7-9 p.m). Guests will enjoy a three course dinner with beer pairings priced $70 ($40 for food and $30 for the beer pairings). Call (435) 575-0295 for reservations. Menu as follows:
* Pig in a poncho – chorizo sausage, sweet lime crema
* Red Rock Frolich pills
* Chicken curry won ton – curried chicken salad, crispy fried won ton, mango sriracha puree
* Red Rock Steamer
* Warm bread cheese salad – pomegranate, figs, watercress, juustoleipa, balsamic port reduction
* Red Rock Golden Halo
* Elk backstrap – seared elk tenderloin, asparagus, fingerling herb potatoes, blackberry gastrique
* Red Rock Reve Barrel-Aged Triple
* Cannoli – cookies and cream mousse filled cannoli
* Red Rock Furlong
1640 W Redstone Center Dr, Park City, UT 84098 United States
Hard to believe this month will make it five years in the bag for the Avenues’ based gastropub. To celebrate the occasion they’ll be hosting a suitably extravagant dinner, replete with beer pairings. Cost is $75 for food and $20 for beer pairings (these are still being working out at time of press). Menu as follows:
* Smoked vegetable salad – banyuls vinegar, candied marcona, arugula
* King crab – brown butter egg, seaweed, and white sesame caviar
* Grilled octopus – burnt onion broth, crispy brunoise yukons, celery leaves, picked fennel
* Intermezzo: ginger compressed watermelon, pickled rind
* Pork tenderloin – grilled fiddlehead ferns, soy glazed shiitake mushrooms, spicy purple mustard
* Cheesecake – crème brûlée pearls, smoked strawberries, Champagne gelée, caramelized pineapple gelato
376 8th Ave, Salt Lake City, UT 84103
Lastly, with Spring in the air, the next wine dinner at downtown’s BTG focuses on the refreshing flavors of Rosé. The Think Pink rosé wine dinner will be held April 25th, 7.30-9.30 p.m. Caffe Molise chef Fred Moesinger will serve a three course meal while sommelier Louis will pour four Rosés from both old and new worlds. Price is $25 for food and $25 for wine. Reservations can be made by calling the restaurant on (801) 359-2814.
63 W 100 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84101
Hi, I’m Stuart, nice to meet you! I’m the founder, writer and wrangler at Gastronomic SLC; I’m also a former restaurant critic of more than five years, working for the Salt Lake Tribune. I’ve worked extensively with multiple local publications from Visit Salt Lake to Salt Lake Magazine, not least helped to consult on national TV shows.
I’m a multiple-award winning journalist and have covered the Utah dining scene for the better part of fifteen years. I’m largely fueled by a critical obsession with rice, alliteration and the use of big words I don’t understand. What they’re saying about me: “Not inaccurate”, “I thought he was older”, “I don’t share his feelings”. Want to know more? This is why I am the way I am.
This article may contain content provided by one of our paid partners. These are some of the best businesses in Utah. For a list of all our current and past relationships see our partnership history page.