With the Oscars just around the corner this weekend, the votes have been compiled and Bambara’s bartenders are going out on a limb to predict “The Wolf of Wall Street” as Best Picture. To have a little fun with the buzz surrounding the 2014 Academy Awards, Bambara created original specialty drinks, each designed for an Oscar “Best Picture” nominee and crafted by the expert bartenders in Bambara’s popular gathering hotspot, “The Vault.” From the big nomination announcement until March 2 when the awards are bestowed, every vote (order) was tallied and the results are in.
“The Wolf of Wall Street” has been in the lead from the beginning and far outpaced all the others,” said Bambara’s expert bartender, Austin Craig. “This year, I was inspired by the nominated films’ main characters and their quirks, personalities and the issues that drive them. I think it was the Leonardo DiCaprio factor’ that swayed the votes,” he laughed.
· The Wolf of Wall Street – Hendrick’s Gin, Smirnoff Vodka, St. Germaine Elderflower Liqueur, Orange Zest
· Gravity – Buffalo Trace Bourbon, Canton Ginger Liqueur, Dash Bitters
· Philomena – Absolut Vodka, Canton Ginger Liqueur, Orange Juice, Cinnamon Sugar Rim
· 12 Years a Slave – Absolut Vodka, Canton Ginger Liqueur, Orange Juice, Cinnamon Sugar Rim
· Captain Phillips – 10 Cane Rum, Grenadine, Cranberry, Orange & Pineapple Juice, Float Myer’s Rum
· American Hustle – Grey Goose Vodka, Dry Vermouth, Lemon, Splash Tonic, Grapefruit Juice
· Her – Bombay Gin, Fresh Lemon Juice, Soda, Splash French Red Wine
· Dallas Buyers Club – Corralejo Tequila, Peach Schnapps, Fresh Squeezed Orange Wheel
· Nebraska – Absolut Mandarin Vodka, Peach Schnapps, Dry Vermouth, Orange Juice
202 S Main St, Salt Lake City, UT 84101
Hi, I’m Stuart, nice to meet you! I’m the founder, writer and wrangler at Gastronomic SLC and The Utah Review; I’m also a former restaurant critic of more than five years, working for the Salt Lake Tribune. I’ve worked extensively with other local publications from Utah Stories through to Salt Lake Magazine and Visit Salt Lake.
I’m a multiple-award winning journalist and have covered the Utah dining scene for more than a decade. I’m largely fueled by Uinta Cutthroat, alliteration and the use of too many big words I don’t understand. I ate all the pies.