With the Oscars just around the corner this weekend, the votes have been compiled and Bambara’s bartenders are going out on a limb to predict “The Wolf of Wall Street” as Best Picture. To have a little fun with the buzz surrounding the 2014 Academy Awards, Bambara created original specialty drinks, each designed for an Oscar “Best Picture” nominee and crafted by the expert bartenders in Bambara’s popular gathering hotspot, “The Vault.” From the big nomination announcement until March 2 when the awards are bestowed, every vote (order) was tallied and the results are in.
“The Wolf of Wall Street” has been in the lead from the beginning and far outpaced all the others,” said Bambara’s expert bartender, Austin Craig. “This year, I was inspired by the nominated films’ main characters and their quirks, personalities and the issues that drive them. I think it was the Leonardo DiCaprio factor’ that swayed the votes,” he laughed.
· The Wolf of Wall Street – Hendrick’s Gin, Smirnoff Vodka, St. Germaine Elderflower Liqueur, Orange Zest
· Gravity – Buffalo Trace Bourbon, Canton Ginger Liqueur, Dash Bitters
· Philomena – Absolut Vodka, Canton Ginger Liqueur, Orange Juice, Cinnamon Sugar Rim
· 12 Years a Slave – Absolut Vodka, Canton Ginger Liqueur, Orange Juice, Cinnamon Sugar Rim
· Captain Phillips – 10 Cane Rum, Grenadine, Cranberry, Orange & Pineapple Juice, Float Myer’s Rum
· American Hustle – Grey Goose Vodka, Dry Vermouth, Lemon, Splash Tonic, Grapefruit Juice
· Her – Bombay Gin, Fresh Lemon Juice, Soda, Splash French Red Wine
· Dallas Buyers Club – Corralejo Tequila, Peach Schnapps, Fresh Squeezed Orange Wheel
· Nebraska – Absolut Mandarin Vodka, Peach Schnapps, Dry Vermouth, Orange Juice
202 S Main St, Salt Lake City, UT 84101
Hi, I’m Stuart, nice to meet you! I’m the founder, writer and wrangler at Gastronomic SLC; I’m also a former restaurant critic of more than five years, working for the Salt Lake Tribune. I’ve worked extensively with multiple local publications from Visit Salt Lake to Salt Lake Magazine, not least helped to consult on national TV shows.
I’m a multiple-award winning journalist and have covered the Utah dining scene for the better part of fifteen years. I’m largely fueled by a critical obsession with rice, alliteration and the use of big words I don’t understand. What they’re saying about me: “Not inaccurate”, “I thought he was older”, “I don’t share his feelings”.
This article may contain content provided by one of our paid partners. These are some of the best businesses in Utah. The current businesses we work with include:
- Ascent Kitchen
- Bourbon House
- BTG Wine Bar
- Caffe Molise
- Feldman's Deli
- Flanker Kitchen + Sporting Club
- Kao Thai
- Log Haven
- Oasis Cafe
- SLC Eatery
- Stoneground Italian Kitchen
- Taqueria 27
- Whiskey Street
- White Horse