Stanza Italian Bistro & Wine Bar welcomes Silvio di Silvio from Kobrand Wine for a presentation of wines from Fuedo Maccari paired with executive chef Jonathan LeBlanc and pastry chef Amber Billingsley’s five-course Italian tasting menu on Wednesday, Nov. 14, 2018 at 6:30 p.m. Cost is just $95 per person (or $60 per person without wine pairings). Reservations are a must and can be made by calling 801-746-4441. Reservations may be made on www.stanzaslc.com, but a notation about the wine dinner needs to be included.
After a refreshing Indigenous Prosecco Brut DOC upon arrival, pairings include: Feudo Maccari Nero D’ Avola IGP 2015 with Chef’s Seared Scallop with crawfish butter sauce; Saia Nero D’ Avola DOC 2013 with Short Rib Canelloni with wild mushroom ragu; Feudo Maccari Rose di Nero D’ Avola IGP 2015 with a palate cleansing Wild Foraged Rose Hip Sorbet; Tenuta Sette Ponti, Oreno Toscana IGT 2015 with Bandera Quail with spicy pork boudin; and ends on a sweet note with Cocchi Vermouth di Torino with Pecan Pie Cannoli with bourbon Ricotta cream.
“Fuedo Maccari, producing well-regarded Nero d’Avola-based wines, is an estate assembled from more than 50 separate plots, giving rise to a diversity that promotes complexity in the wine,” says Keith Foust, general manager. “The first offering after the Prosecco, is from young vines, the second from old and the third is a silky rose selection. The fourth is a Super Tuscan from Tenuta Sette Ponti. Legend has it that the background of the famous Mona Lisa are the vineyards from which Sette Ponti cultivates. I’m eager to share these with our guests so they can learn the nuances of each.”
* Indigenous Prosecco Brut DOC
* Seared scallop with crawfish butter sauce, sweet pepper argodolce, veal sweetbread and pickled chanterelle mushrooms
* Feudo Maccari Nero D’ Avola IGP 2015
* Short rib cannelloni with wild mushroom ragu, parsnip puree and black truffle
* Saia Nero D’ Avola DOC 2013
* Wild foraged rose hip sorbet
* Feudo Maccari Rose di Nero D’ Avola IGP 2015
* Bandera quail with spicy pork boudin, potato nest, braised pork belly, sunny side quail egg,
Southern Comfort-Brigham peach au jus
* Tenuta Sette Ponti, Oreno Toscana IGT 2015
* Pecan pie cannoli with bourbon Ricotta cream, flaked Solstice Chocolate, candied pecans and Steen’s cane syrup
* Cocchi Vermouth di Torino
This site is 100% free of intrusive third party ads through the generous headline sponsorship by The Gateway - SLC's premier entertainment destination.